Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought WeatherTech for the front and 2nd row seats. Had 'em in my TL and they were great.

What's the best solution for the 3rd row? The WeatherTech site does not recommend using the "Classic" mats for the 3rd row.

·
Registered
22 Posts
If you don't use the third seat a lot, buy a couple of bath mats in matching colors. When they become dirty just throw them in the washing machine.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've read some other posts and I am going to try getting some "stock" matting from WalMart or Home Depot and just cut my own for the 3rd seat area. I'll probably also do the same for the cargo area as well.

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
mdxer46 said:
I've read some other posts and I am going to try getting some "stock" matting from WalMart or Home Depot and just cut my own for the 3rd seat area. I'll probably also do the same for the cargo area as well.
I don't use the 3rd row that often, and plan to go to Orchard Supply and do the same. The have all kinds of stock rubber and and vinyl matting with assorted grooves or other designs which you can cut to fit. Very inexpensive and useful.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Third row mats

Great ideas. I've only used my third row a couple of times. The couple times I have I've left the third row delivered carpet turned upside down so that if someone does have wet/snowy feet, I can wipe up off the rubber. That and I've actually laid down a towel or two as well. Not a great long term solution, but if you're in a pinch.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Matts

FYI - bought a matt at Walmart for $13, took out factory matt, traced it onto rubber matt, cut it out and put both mats back into MDX. Works good. low cost. etc.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update:

I went to WalMart to look for a large mat that I can cut down and my WalMart did not anything nearly big enough. I went to Home Depot and Lowe's and the best I found was cheap vinyl runner stock. I bought some and will cut it down this weekend for a temporary fix.

Anyone know where in Maryland I can buy the kind of grooved rubber stock like an earlier poster mentioned? Never heard of Orchard Supply.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts