Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. My pup decided the 3rd row driver side seatbelt would make a great chew toy. As such I need to replace it. Does anyone have instructions on how to remove the left side trim(s) in our trunk area? It looks like a lower and upper piece need to come out. This is the side with the cigarette lighter, not the subwoofer. I think once the trims are out, the install is just nuts and bolts.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, this just happened to me as well. Those dang puppies. I was wondering if there is a guide on replacing that belt, including a part number.

Thanks!

G.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Please message me your email address and I can share the information with you. I bought the part from a salvage yard for $65 delivered. New is $80. Part number depends on your car color.

04824-STX-A00ZB 04824STXA00ZB

Also one thing to keep in mind is the seatbelt may come to you seeming like it is locked in the retractor. That is because they only extend out if they are kept in the exact same position as they would be when mounted. Otherwise they lock up. I was a little afraid mine were permanently locked but found this out through some research. I was able to hold mine up in the air and simulate how they would be mounted and sure enough it pulled out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts