Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!

Just picked up a 2009 MDX with 100,000 miles on it :grin:

I am having a problem with the 2nd row passenger seat and it sliding forward...it tilts....but not sliding forward so you can access the 3rd row seating???...the "tilt adjustment" on top will allow the seat to adjust like it should. but side release just cannot seem to slide forward.

is there a trick?.....or are they problematic?

thanks!

AthensM50

·
Registered
59 Posts
So there are two points here. First, the top lever is only to fold the seat down or recline it back. It's not for third row access. Second, for third row access there's a lever going in an up-and-down direction on the passenger side second row seat (the 40% part). Note that there is not a similar lever on the driver's side. The only way to access the third row in this manner is via the passenger side second row seat.

Hope that helps!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
and that is my problem!.....the side lever goes up and down....seat tilts forward but SEAT DOES NOT SLIDE FORWARD.

Top lever works perfect in that it tilts forward and back.

LOTS of stuff on the top lever out there....but I am finding ZERO on the seat sliding forward.

Thanks....

·
Registered
59 Posts
and that is my problem!.....the side lever goes up and down....seat tilts forward but SEAT DOES NOT SLIDE FORWARD.

Top lever works perfect in that it tilts forward and back.

LOTS of stuff on the top lever out there....but I am finding ZERO on the seat sliding forward.

Thanks....
My bad. I mis-read your post.

There's no real trick, I don't think. I lift up the side lever, lean the seatback as far forward as it will go, and then slide it forward to gain access to the third row. I guess maybe it's not the smoothest to get started, but it does slide forward (at least on mine). :8:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well...went out there yesterday.....pulled the side lever up and seat slid forward????

not sure....but a few days ago I thought it was welded in place!

working now....will grease asap

1 - 6 of 6 Posts