Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
soooo.....after all this lovely banter, no solution for a retrofit?

Ford and other cards can enable CP just by replacing few pieces of hardware. If someone can figure out what piece of hardware enables CP on the newer models, then maybe its possible to add it to older models.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
soooo.....after all this lovely banter, no solution for a retrofit?

Ford and other cards can enable CP just by replacing few pieces of hardware. If someone can figure out what piece of hardware enables CP on the newer models, then maybe its possible to add it to older models.
There have been some posts discussing the (theoretical) hardware to retrofit a 2018 system into a 2017 vehicle... But cost would be several thousand dollars. So it's not worth pursuing, for me.

If I'm going to spend thousands of dollars, I may as well trade in for a newer model vehicle.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Jeez, dude. Cool your jets.

My MDX constantly “looses” my location. I’ll be driving along a major highway and the Nav thinks I’m in a field, miles away.

Acura released a TSB and software update, but it hasn’t helped me. If Acura could fix the issue, I’d be happy. Otherwise, I’m exploring alternatives to put my smartphone nav on the screen.

How is that unreasonable?

Personally, I think Acura should put more effort into fixing the issue... but I’m also a realiast... so not holding my breath.
My MDX also “loses “ my location. Just had the software update done. We will see if this solves the problem.

·
Registered
66 Posts
This morning on my 5 mile run/walk my iPhone messed up and the app (Runkeeper) indicated I went about 10 miles rather than the 5.
Take the win and enjoy a slice of cake that you just earned with that "extra 5 miles". :smile2:

·
Registered
141 Posts
Is anyone aware of a third party solution for adding Apple Carplay to a 2017 MDX?

I contacted NAVIKS and they have informed me that their CarPlay unit is NOT compatible with the 2017 MDX.

Thanks.
i think I was the first one here to install navtool 4.0 with apple car play, and I just upgraded to 5.0

navtool 5.0 works just like the original using the factory dial

https://youtu.be/Icz-5vB71CU?t=9s

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
i think I was the first one here to install navtool 4.0 with apple car play, and I just upgraded to 5.0

navtool 5.0 works just like the original using the factory dial

https://youtu.be/Icz-5vB71CU?t=9s
I haven't been considering NavTool because I haven't seen any evidence of their solution actually being delivered and working in a customer's vehicle. From most accounts, they're an awful company.

There is also tons of evidence that they have been astroturfing.

That video isn't the navtool system, btw.

Edit: I just followed the link in YOUR SIGNATURE to the NavTool Apple CarPlay that you claim to have installed "using the original factory dial" and the link shows that it requires aftermarket controls.

So I'm fairly convinced, at this point, that you either do not actually use the product, and/or are part of the astroturfing mis-information campaign.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I haven't been considering NavTool because I haven't seen any evidence of their solution actually being delivered and working in a customer's vehicle. From most accounts, they're an awful company.

There is also tons of evidence that they have been astroturfing.

That video isn't the navtool system, btw.

Edit: I just followed the link in YOUR SIGNATURE to the NavTool Apple CarPlay that you claim to have installed "using the original factory dial" and the link shows that it requires aftermarket controls.

So I'm fairly convinced, at this point, that you either do not actually use the product, or are part of the astroturfing mis-information campaign.
i don't ever argue with keyboard warriors, I had my first navtool when I had my TL back in 2012, and if you read my post I said I just upgrade 4.0 to 5.0. please don't accuse me ever again. judging by the number of post you made here in less than one year, you always got something say

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
i don't ever argue with keyboard warriors, I had my first navtool when I had my TL back in 2012, and if you read my post I said I just upgrade 4.0 to 5.0. please don't accuse me ever again. judging by the number of post you made here in less than one year, you always got something say
Or what?

NavTools website shows a third party jog wheel is required. I don't see any mention of a "version 5.0", either. Where did you buy it? Can you post a video of it in your MDX?

I called you out for potentially astroturfing, because your post does not add up, and Navtool has a history of lying and astroturfing. If you can provide some more information to disprove that theory, please do. Otherwise, threatening me is not going to help your case.

·
Registered
48 Posts
In my own 2014 MDX Advance, I have never used the Acura navigation system. It is a dinosaur compared to Google Maps or Waze. I am thankful that at least I can run both these apps simultaneously (Google Maps for navigation and Waze for road hazard warnings on the route) and listen to them through the sound system of my MDX. I did post on Acura facebook, a year ago, that when I change my car in a couple of years if there is no AA or CP, I will be buying a different car. Yes, my life does revolve around my phone. - Banking, stock trading, navigation, house security system, work email and the rest. Some of the car companies realized that going ahead, they can no more hope other car features will overcome the negatives of their antiquated navigation systems. Lexus is the only hold out and it has the least cars with AA/CP.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Or what?

NavTools website shows a third party jog wheel is required. I don't see any mention of a "version 5.0", either. Where did you buy it? Can you post a video of it in your MDX?

I called you out for potentially astroturfing, because your post does not add up, and Navtool has a history of lying and astroturfing. If you can provide some more information to disprove that theory, please do. Otherwise, threatening me is not going to help your case.
I'll bet $1000 that my vehicles has "navtool 5.0" and I can prove it in a live video call with you. Stop talking and be a man

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I'll bet $1000 that my vehicles has "navtool 5.0" and I can prove it in a live video call with you. Stop talking and be a man
You're adorable.

So post the video. Seems simple enough, right?

A reasonable person would quietly provide the evidence and let it speak for itself.

Instead, you're flapping your arms and making a big scene -- exactly like a bully and a liar who's been called out. You start off defensive, then switch to an aggressive offense and try to intimidate/bully.

Honestly, I'd put you on my ignore list and be done with it... But I just wanted to give you the opportunity to actually prove me wrong. Guess you can't?

·
Registered
141 Posts
You're adorable.

So post the video. Seems simple enough, right?

A reasonable person would quietly provide the evidence and let it speak for itself.

Instead, you're flapping your arms and making a big scene -- exactly like a bully and a liar who's been called out. You start off defensive, then switch to an aggressive offense and try to intimidate/bully.

Honestly, I'd put you on my ignore list and be done with it... But I just wanted to give you the opportunity to actually prove me wrong. Guess you can't?
you must be really ignorant, i don't have to prove anything to you. My word is bond. unlike you i don't make comments on every post and abuse people

·
Registered
484 Posts
I was driving a Cadillac with CP this weekend and I personally didn’t like it. Maybe I don’t know how to use it but it defaults to Apple Maps which sucks balls. I tried playing with it for 3 minutes to see if I can have it pull up Google Maps or Waze and no dice.

I gave up, turned off CP and put my phone on the dash with Waze on.

I’d rather spend $5 on a dash magnet than anything more than that for Apple Car Play.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I was driving a Cadillac with CP this weekend and I personally didn’t like it. Maybe I don’t know how to use it but it defaults to Apple Maps which sucks balls. I tried playing with it for 3 minutes to see if I can have it pull up Google Maps or Waze and no dice.

I’d rather spend $5 on a dash magnet than anything more than that for Apple Car Play.
i agree apple maps suck

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #35

iOS 12 supports Waze on CarPlay.... Comes out in September 2018.

·
Registered
141 Posts

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
you just made another BS comment and as usual have no idea what you are talking about - if you listened to keynote apple will allow 3rd party navigation apps if they want to make one available

https://twitter.com/waze/status/1006185897128275968?lang=en
Damn, you are one dumb mo-fo. That is EXACTLY what I said:

iOS 12 supports Waze on CarPlay.... Comes out in September 2018.
And the SAUCE:

https://www.apple.com/ios/ios-12-preview/

And the FINALE:

·
Super Moderator
4,592 Posts
Let's stop with the personal insults or I will just close this thread.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.