Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Noticed third brake light on my 2006 was out. Replaced bulbs, though I doubted both would burn out at the same time. No luck. Then found this (picture taken after I stripped back the insulation on one wire which was completely broken - the other two wires would probably soon have broken) Fixed. All good now.

Weird that only the yellow wires were rubbish.

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
I remember some years ago my '03's trunk lock would intermittently not work. Of course, first thing I tried was replace the lock mechanism, but realized later that it was not the problem. I followed the wiring and found that the section of wire inside the harness near where the trunk door pivots was actually broken (probably due to repeated bending when the trunk was opened/closed), and I was just getting lucky sometimes if the conducting parts happen to touch each other. So, fixed that wire up and regretted wasting money on the replacement lock.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I've fixed those wires a few times now; suck in the winter up here. The plastic/wires gets hard a brittle in the cold and break when you open the back.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Is there room in that rubber tube for another wire? I'm thinking about routing a rear-view camera cable... roughly ⅛ inch diameter.
Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts