Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had the 3M protective film installed on the MDX last night. It covers the vulnerable hood area and the front part of the bumper. You can have it installed on the backs of the side mirrors and headlights as well.

We're heading to cottage country this weekend, then on a business/pleasure road trip the following week. After some research, I felt that the 3M product offered the best protection against road debris and bug acid. A three year warranty covers yellowing, fading, peeling and blisters.

Check out www.chipguard.com. Mark runs their mobile unit and can go right to your home or office to install in Southern Ontario. Otherwise, you can order a kit from the web site for shipment across Canada and the US. It can be pretty tricky to install though.

It was a pleasant experience and I highly recommend it.

·
Registered
183 Posts
www.stongard.com

Check out StonGard on their website. Their kits are more inclusive with the option to buy additional pieces.

I would recommend a pro installing the body kits. The light guards (called StonGard Light) is well within a DIYourselfer's skills.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I would also compare any prices you get to the 3M website. They sell the guard there direct from the manufacturer and I found that they had the best price right there.

·
Registered
570 Posts
As I have said many times, Invisa Bra (3M) product is awesome. I've had it on my last 3 cars, 2 of my wife's vehicles. Won't have another car, SUV or otherwise without it on. Some may like StonGard, it maybe good also. I like the 3M installed by a known dealer (off of rolls of the stuff). They usually take care of the warantee's & comes out better than kits IMHO.Congrats on your choice :29:

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just got the 3M guard installed last night...me likes it so far...
cost me 400 bucks for the hood, side views and under the door handle? did i get screwed or does that sound about right?

·
Registered
570 Posts
gkhattak said:
I just got the 3M guard installed last night...me likes it so far...
cost me 400 bucks for the hood, side views and under the door handle? did i get screwed or does that sound about right?
It sounds about right. each area in the country has different prices. I know the guy that owns RM window tint & Bras, so I get good prices on the work done. The cost of the material is to be taken into consideration. Plus, what it saves ya later on repairs. Good choice :4:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Qualified Installer ordered my 3M Kit

A qualified dealer ordered my 3M kit( around $400) should arrive end of next week to install next saturday 7/27! Also, going to have the driver and passenger side tints done about 50%! Need the extra tint out here in Sacto area!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts