Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1 day after I installed version 2.05 of the new Alpine DVD navigation disc (which has many corrections for the SF Bay Area) my mpg changed from 20 to 38. I wonder if this is a software glitch installed with the new disc. Has anyone else noticed this?

·
Registered
580 Posts
I'm so gullable--

I read what you named this thread and couldn't believe a disc would make the gas mileage go up. I couldn't believe it. Then I finally looked what you put it under "problems".

I'm sorry this doesn't help your problem. but I thought it was funny. :D

Lmeans

·
Registered
681 Posts
There is a known problem in the trip computer. The MPG may suddenly double and continue to be update from that point onward. Acura had recognized this problem and is working on a fix. I was told the ETA is about two months (two weeks ago).

·
Registered
181 Posts
I've had the problem with the mileage calculation suddenly doubling as well as the problem with the history being wiped out completely. I complained at the first service and was told that they logged a tech service call with Acura. They said it was a s/w bug and that once it was fixed they'd contact me to fix/repair the trip computer.

Last week just before I took it in for the 7500 mile service the history once again was wiped out, so I reminded them to check again with Acura to see if they'd figured out the problem. After spending quite a while on the phone with Acura, they decided that I should get a whole new unit. So they ordered the part and I'll be going back later this week to get it installed.

I'll let you guys know if it makes any difference.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Hi Gothie,

I never lost the history, just suffering the double digit syndrone. So replacing the unit with the old software won't help. However, let us know the outcome of your replacement.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I agree. If it's a s/w problem, it won't go away until they change the s/w. But the dealer tends to go out of their way to provide excellent customer service, so tough to argue the point. I've only had the mileage reading double once, but the history has wiped out a number of times. I'm thinking (hoping) maybe it's a faulty memory problem :confused: and that a new unit might work. Still, it did double the mileage that one time, so most likely it is the s/w. We'll see.

It's really no inconvenience though. I work less than 2 miles from them and they either give me a loaner, or drive me to work and then drop off the MDX when it's done.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Installation-

Did you all install the new disc yourself?

My dealer told me to never install it myself to take it to the service department and have them do it for $150.00. I'm assuming that's for the disc and installation.

For those of you whom did it yourself how much was the upgrade disc?

Lmeans

·
Registered
681 Posts
Hi Lmeans,

You can install the Navi DVD disc yourself, much like popping in the regular DVD player unit at home. I wonder why we need the dealer to do it for $150:confused: :confused:

The new software for the trip computer is a different story. It should be done by the dealer and it is under warranty.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
5 Participants
Robyjo
Acura MDX SUV Forums
Acura MDXers Forum - a community where enthusiasts discuss engines, tires, service and everything you need to know about the MDX!
Full Forum Listing