Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not an extreme issue but my son has an Advanced model with the 360 camera that doesn’t piece together the images perfectly (the exact opposite of the cameras in my A6).

His assumption was all cameras would align, however the backup camera doesn’t seem to align exactly with the other cameras in 360 mode.

See below pictures focusing on the parking lines.

If this is normal, no worries I suppose, first world car issue!

Automotive lighting Rectangle Communication Device Vehicle door Gadget
Vehicle Motor vehicle Vehicle door Automotive design Gadget

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
Looks like mine also on my 19 MDX hybrid Adv. I didn't expect everything to line up in 360 degree view. I treat each image as 4 separate views that happens to be on the same screen

·
Registered
2018 MDX Advance SH-AWD Black Copper Pearl/Espresso
61 Posts
I also see this, but doesn't really bother me. TBH I didn't even notice until you pointed it out! Probably just a result of Acura's surround view not being the most modern or sophisticated system. I imagine the 2022 model is much better.

·
Registered
2017 Acura MDX Tech FWD
1,646 Posts
Yall never been in a recent Nissan garbage???? The worst camera lag in the industry. Makes me want to sell ours and get something that doesn't have lag.

I am more of a mirror type of driver but the wife will only have a vehicle with a 360 view. The 15 Nissan Murano picture was night and day better the the MDX.
Don't even think about buying a newer one. There's a noticeable significant lag with the newer pieces of junk. Nissan brushed it off as "normal function". Just another reason on top of my many reasons to get rid of our 19 Rogue.

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
Having 360 degree camera, ventilated front seats, parking sensors, Lane Keeping Assist to help steer on hwy, and ACC to adjust vehicle intervals are all tech items I think I can never give up. I'm really hoping the tech on the MDX Type-S makes it down the 3.5L Adv MDX in a few years (25 speaker 1000w ELS, seat massager, air suspension, electronic dampers).

·
Registered
2018 MDX Advance SH-AWD Black Copper Pearl/Espresso
61 Posts
Having 360 degree camera, ventilated front seats, parking sensors, Lane Keeping Assist to help steer on hwy, and ACC to adjust vehicle intervals are all tech items I think I can never give up. I'm really hoping the tech on the MDX Type-S makes it down the 3.5L Adv MDX in a few years (25 speaker 1000w ELS, seat massager, air suspension, electronic dampers).
Totally agree. I had ventilated seats in my old car before the MDX so that was my main purpose for going for an Advance, plus my wife is a terrible driver so I thought the 360 cam and parking sensors would help her out. Now I feel like I can never go back. Also since it's been cold I've been using remote start which also activates the heated steering wheel. It gets so nice and toasty!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Yall never been in a recent Nissan garbage???? The worst camera lag in the industry. Makes me want to sell ours and get something that doesn't have lag.

Don't even think about buying a newer one. There's a noticeable significant lag with the newer pieces of junk. Nissan brushed it off as "normal function". Just another reason on top of my many reasons to get rid of our 19 Rogue.
Yes the head unit took a few seconds to load but once it was loaded it was fine. I guess it could have gotten slower in the last 6 years? You are saying "Nissan garbage" and you had a Rouge which is almost half the price of the MDX then what are you saying about the picture quality of the MDX?

·
Registered
510 Posts
add to that heated steering wheel.
And our daughter and grandkids loves the heated rear seats.
One thing I wish mfg would add is the "REST" function like in my mercedes. They run water through the heater core via a electric pump not the water pump. Cold out, shut the car off hit the rest button and it circulates water through the block and heater core (no water goes through the radiator) with the fan on low. Cycles on and off based on the temp set on the climate control. Will run for up to 30 minutes keeping the car nice and warm while you in the store. And in the summer, it just sucks in outside air and vents inside air to help keep the inside temp down.

·
Registered
2017 Acura MDX Tech FWD
1,646 Posts
Yes the head unit took a few seconds to load but once it was loaded it was fine. I guess it could have gotten slower in the last 6 years? You are saying "Nissan garbage" and you had a Rouge which is almost half the price of the MDX then what are you saying about the picture quality of the MDX?
I'm saying the MDX quality is much better. But like if anyone has to complain about the MDX's camera or anything related to it that's software issue, they should see Nissan first, cuz that is more of a plauged issue (especially within the same generation).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts