Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife wants the 2nd Row Seat Covers for our 2015. Idea is to protect against both the dog and baby Seat. I can’t really find any reviews on the OEM ones out there.

Our concerns are:

How easy are they to take on and off? Look snug which is a good thing but want to be able to remove.

Do they look nice when left on?

Is the OEM worth the $200+ or are there good alternatives out there that would still work with car seat?

Thanks for any advice in advance.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I have the OEM seat covers for the second row, and i think that the quality is pretty good.

They aren't that hard to install and remove, but I've only done it once in the three years we've had the car. And yes, I think they look nice when left on.

The other custom fit seat cover options that I've seen are from Coverking and Wet Okole. I ordered and installed the Coverking (Neosupreme material) seat covers for the two front seats of the MDX. I also installed the same material Coverking seat covers in the first and second row of someone else's SUV.

Here's my opinion on how the OEM Acura seat covers and the Coverking ones compare. The Acura covers are a bit easier to install, as they don't fully cover the seat backs. The Coverking Neosupreme covers are padded and therefore more cushy, but the Acura ones seem to retain the contours of the seat a little better. The Acura covers also seem a bit more durable than the Neosupreme ones. Do note that Coverking also offers seat covers made of cordura, which should be more durable but less comfortable than the OEM covers. I'm not sure if you'd be able to see the Honda/Acura material in person, but Coverking will send you material/color samples if you request them.

Though I don't have a dog, I think that the Acura covers should hold up fine for any normal dog. As for the baby seat, you still might want to get a firm seat protector for car seats. While any seat cover will help, a properly installed car seat will still leave marks on the seat bottom after being in there for a while. Car seats are supposed to be installed tightly; so they will press into the seat bottom, and compress the foam and stretch the leather in those spots. Those marks might become permanent.

For me, I think the OEM seat covers are worth it. My kids do eat and drink in the back seat. The seat covers (and floor liners I have) make it much easier to clean any crumbs and spills. Plus, the kids don't care if their seating surfaces are leather or not.

·
Vendor
195 Posts
My wife wants the 2nd Row Seat Covers for our 2015. Idea is to protect against both the dog and baby Seat. I can’t really find any reviews on the OEM ones out there.
Our concerns are: How easy are they to take on and off? Look snug which is a good thing but want to be able to remove. Do they look nice when left on? Is the OEM worth the $200+ or are there good alternatives out there that would still work with car seat? Thanks for any advice in advance.
Hi @Badlarry33

If you are looking for the seat cover that will protect the vehicle's interior, you may be interested in one of those pet protectors we offer:
2015 Acura MDX pet seat covers at CARiD
These seat covers ensure maximum protection against pet's hair, spills, scratches and dirt. If protection is the key point for your wife, you should consider one of these cover options.
There is also a variety of custom fit seat covers available for your MDX, so it pretty much depends on what you expect from your seat cover. By following the link below, you can view the complete seat cover selection for your Acura:
2015 Acura MDX seat covers at CARiD
Hope this helps!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.