Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had problems with the 2nd row of seats not wanting to fold and/or recline?

We're having problems with the passenger side seat. Both lever don't do anything. We called Springfield Acura (in NJ) and mentioned the problem to them. They claim that we broke something and that it probably wasn't going to be covered under warranty.

They currently have our MDX. I will see if they fix it under warranty or not.

I've heard that there is a TSB out on the 2nd row of seats describing this exact problem. Anyone have a copy of it?

My feeling is that the dealers in the NY area just deny knowing of any TSBs because they don't want to fix anything for free. I guess Acura doesn't pay the dealers enough to do warranty work and they want to ripp off the customers.

I will keep you all posted.

·
Registered
3,761 Posts

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
What a bunch of $#@holes to assume it's your fault.
Even armed with the TSB I would be tempted to take it somewhere else where they know what service means.
But part of me also would like to take it to the closer dealer and rub the TSB in their arrogant faces.
Some businesses see a return customer when you drive up, and others just see a quick buck.
It's really a shame. If Lexus can get dealers to treat customers professionally Acura should be able to do the same. Sorry, that kind of crap just gets to me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
DaleB
Acura MDX SUV Forums
Acura MDXers Forum - a community where enthusiasts discuss engines, tires, service and everything you need to know about the MDX!
Full Forum Listing