Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Never fixed... I just live with it.

Votes: 5 50.0%
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This poll may take some time to develop as more people see it and respond. As I am dealing with an ongoing vibration issues on my 2010, I have searched for others who have had issues like me. The causes and solutions seem to vary, so it may be helpful to have a poll people can respond to and we can track the solutions.

So what vibrations did you have? Speed related? Engine? What was the solution?

·
Registered
286 Posts
This poll may take some time to develop as more people see it and respond. As I am dealing with an ongoing vibration issues on my 2010, I have searched for others who have had issues like me. The causes and solutions seem to vary, so it may be helpful to have a poll people can respond to and we can track the solutions.

So what vibrations did you have? Speed related? Engine? What was the solution?
Interesting...this is nowhere close to being a big deal as it may be normal, but as I noticed it, it is more of a mental note, but periodically when stopped (and not in neutral but stopped with drive engaged but brake on), there is a vibration, almost like a rough idle. Can see the passenger seat vibrating. But this does not always happen. Again I am not sure if it is normal or not. It is a 2008 MDX. My 04 MDX does not do this. I too am interested to learn of anyone else who has these issues in case I should consider it more than an afterthought.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The vibration I am dealing with is speed related (likely the new tires). However, after searching I found many people complaining about stop light vibrations. Shaking seats like you described.

The fixes were everything from a new torque converter to absolutely nothing (its supposed to do that). Like anything else you have to decide how much it bothers you.

·
Registered
3,797 Posts
I could not vote as (fortunately and surprisingly!) I've never had any vibration issues on my '08 MDX (knock on wood!!) :cool:
I'm in the same boat as Pricillababy with no noticeable vibration (+93,000 miles). I might have it and I'm just use to it maybe?

·
Registered
286 Posts
Hmmm. Maybe a few of us just have bad gas while driving and are letting out some rumbling farts while stopped at a red light

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
My 07 vibrates intermittently on the highway. I started a thread about it and what I have done so far to attempt to solve it. So far nothing I have done has made any difference, better or worse. At least I don't have much left to replace.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My 07 vibrates intermittently on the highway. I started a thread about it and what I have done so far to attempt to solve it. So far nothing I have done has made any difference, better or worse. At least I don't have much left to replace.
I just responded to your thread. I understand your pain, as I am dealing with these vibration issues myself. Take a look at the app I posted.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Vibration @ redlights means engine mounts and/or A/C systems

Vibration while driving can be a variety of things. Bad shocks, bad lower control arm bushings, bad balancing, bad alignment causing irregular tire wear, bent rim/s, deteriorated springs or rubber insulators. In addition to that, the driveline can cause some vibration at sub 1400 RPM engine speeds. Make sure the engine mounts you buy are the OEM style vacuum assisted ones!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm fortunate that I still don't have vibration at idle but during a recent road trip I had a bad steering wheel shake between 65 to 80 MPH. I thought it was due to tire balancing but when I brought it back to the shop for closer inspection they said it was a slightly bent rim. I never noticed it before maybe because this particular wheel was in the back so I had them put it there for now until I can buy another OEM rim to replace it with.

Driving around town below 60 MPH is a joy. It's comfortable and straight as an arrow. I need to get this shaking fixed because summer is around the corner. Long drives are in my family's calendar.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
OK so the shop finally road forced balanced the tires and guess what... two were bad! Two new tires later and another round of road force balancing the car drives much nicer. About as good as with the RL tires/wheels. So I knew something was wrong with the new tires.

However all the issues are still not gone. I still get a more subtle vibration in the steering wheel at 70-80mph, then smooth as glass above that.

Since I bought an expensive NVH app, I will continue to use it. It is still tracking a more subtle 2nd and 3rd order tire vibration at that speed. That points most likely to a radial or lateral runout issue. Because I have documentation the tires were checked for balance and road force runout, and are good. The next step is to check run out on the car when rotating. I will break out the dial indicator and let you know whats up. It could be a bad hub or break disc.

Stay tuned...

·
Registered
274 Posts
I have the same issues of vibrations in the driver side seat and steering wheel at 110 to 120 km per hr on my 2009 mdx. I began noticing this issue when i replaced my first set of tires. I assumed that the balancing was not completed properly by the local tire shop. I had the tires balanced again but the vibrations returned. I assumed it was the tires, a broken belt or some other defect. I've since replaced the tires, had the wheel aligment completed and balancing of the tires on three seperate occassions. Nothing has worked. I had the tech at the garage confirm that the wheels were not bent; the tech advised that he did not notice a wobble on any wheels in the balancing machine. Since the installation of the third set of new tires and third attempt at tire balancing, the vibrations are not as bad at highway speeds but are noticable. I'm extremely dissappointed by acura and their failure in properly addressing this issue. There have been multiple threads on this issue and no solutions. I will call the dealer to inquire on this issue and report back if there has been a solution identified by acura.

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
The most common vibration in Hondas & Acuras almost always come from Warped Rotors...

·
Registered
3,797 Posts
Not sure if there is a difference between the sport/elite/adv versions compared to the tech/base versions and/or 07/09 -vs- +10 on vibration issue?

I forgot to add I upgraded my rims and tires in 2014 to 20" and added aftermarket rotors (Conti DWS 06, RonJon Legacy II, Racing Brake slotted rotors). I usually road force balance with new tires and re-balance and rotate (or cross rotate) on every oil change. I did have my front ADS struts and front endlinks were replaced at 35K (+101K now). I also did the 6AT reflash in 2014 to smooth out shifting issues that improved hwy mpgs also. Usually cruise at 70-80 mph on the hwy in the southwest with a few runs up to 90-100 mph if I need to pass in a hurry. Still don't feel vibration; but, magnetic suspension not as tight as it once was a few years ago (checked out A-OK by Acura techs).

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.