Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I'm one of those unfortunate enough to have purchased a "non-Tech" version MDX. My 2010 has a nice enough stereo (certainly not exceptional for a "luxury" SUV, though)..... I did purchase a set of headset DVD players from an Acura Dealership that was clearing those from stock (Envision?).

I've had Kenwood, Pioneer and several other brand DVD/Navi touchscreen players in other vehicles I've owned.....and would like to have the same in this vehicle (stop laughing, I hear you...)

I've read prior posts about this issue previously, but nothing recently.... has anyone come across any options short of a full-on custom chop and fit job (not looking to do a "Pimp-My-Ride" custom interior).

An alternative option.....retrofitting a '14 Honda/Acura OEM stereo/Navi system into the '10? The new OEM system is touchscreen from what I understand, and a vast improvement on the "turn and push" knob setup of the 2G/3G stereos.....

I'm not a professional stereo guy, so I'm not privy to the specifics of the correct harnesses, dash kits, etc.... I'm just inquiring if there has been any new developments since the last time this was kicked around. Any suggestions or recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
24 Posts
I've not heard the standard stereo, but the Tech unit in my 2010 is certainly nothing to brag about. It's clean, but the frequency response is lousy - lots of peaks. Very hard to listen to even after messing about with the controls.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts