Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On 3rd day of ownership, I'm already making my MDX work. Here are some shots of it pulling our Crownline 192BR with 250HP Volvo EFI V8. Boat weighs between 2,900 and 3,000 lbs. Unsure of trailer's weight. Receiver hitch is not Acura's...had Draw-tite put on by U-Haul.

Backing down boat ramp was much easier than with our previous Expedition. The MDX's first gear is so low that pulling the boat out of the water and up the ramp was effortless. Photos don't show it, but the backend of the MDX does not drop any with trailer attached.

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Getting ready to make backup. Note the Acura cargo tray is protecting the interior fabric from the wadded up boat cover, which was still wet from the previous day's rain...

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
last one

This all started out as a photo session of the boat since I am putting it up for sale. I couldn't help myself...had to grab a few with the MDX in the frame...

Attachments

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
jediwebdude said:
Receiver hitch is not Acura's...had Draw-tite put on by U-Haul.
Nice pics...great looking boat (of course, commenting on the car isn't necessary :)).

Question (not trying to burst your bubble, but): u got the tranny cooler and power steering cooler in your rig? S'posed to...would hate to see u fry it.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
TheWorm and Rail:

Thx for your concern. The boat is stored across the parking lot from the boat ramp, so at this time, I have not added coolers since roundtrip travel is about 200 yards (thus, am not worried about affecting the breaking in period). If the boat doesn't sell soon, then we'll end up keeping it for the boating season and I'll have the trans cooler added since we'll probably venture off to other lakes with it.

I want to do some research on just how effective the powersteering cooler is before I fund that project.

-Jedi

1 - 7 of 7 Posts