Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Crew,

Looking for a dedicated summer set of rims and tires, and found a set of Kumho Solus KL21 tires and RTX Fang wheels 114.3x5 bolt pattern 73.1mm center bore 51mm positive offset.

I know that they are a touch smaller than stock, but will they work? If not, why?

TIA.
Drewby

Attachments

·
Registered
174 Posts
IMHO, it will look stupid on a MDX. Tires are way too small. Typically the max difference in tire size(compared to OEM) is +/- 3% is reasonable; 225/60/17 you are at 4.8 %.

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
Welcome to the site, Drewby04!

We can't comment on the wheel fitment without knowing the width of the wheel, but when it comes to the tires, the 225/60R-17 KL21 is not properly load rated for your MDX. As ednndx pointed out, they are also shorter and narrower which may look awkward in the fender well .

Tire Size Calculator | Discount Tire Direct

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the input guys! I've since come to the conclusion that I should go with some "All Weather" tires (not to be confused with All Season). I have a line on some 245/65R17 Nordman tires (made by Nokian). I think they'll work fine for the driving that I do, and will save me the hassle of doining seasonal change overs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts