Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning on the Today show, they highlighted a new Mercedes Benz model that is being reintroduced after not being manufactured for many years. I dont remember the model, but it carries a MSRP of $340,000. They indicated that the hub of the entertainment system was 21 speaker Bose system.
I guess that means that the sound system will be 3 times worse than the Bose Touring in the MDX!:2:

·
Registered
124 Posts
21 speaker upgrades as well......

I wonder if they would go with component or coaxial???

·
Registered
217 Posts
You can't always blame Bose. They are given a budget goal, and can design crap like anyone........

I've heard some good Bose car systems (IMO, although the MDX does not fit) and would bet the Mercedes will sound pretty. That said, am sure you can do MUCH better for less cost. But then at $340,000, why count pennies

·
Registered
616 Posts
Maik said:
This morning on the Today show, they highlighted a new Mercedes Benz model that is being reintroduced after not being manufactured for many years. I dont remember the model, but it carries a MSRP of $340,000.
That would be the Maybach.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Friends don't let friends buy Bose

In audio circles...and yes...audio guys are insane...and yes I am one of them...

Bose is a four letter word.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I saw that car profiled this morning.

I also know the Bose system in the Touring is the worst auto stereo system (sound quality) I've heard in years. Bose can make some good stuff -- I had a Nissan Maxima quite a few years ago that really had a pretty good system. Seems odd the quality decreased significantly when we're talking about a luxury vehicle.
:3:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Looks like a business class seat on an airplane.....come to think of it, the seats in my X are far more comfortable than the best airline first class seat.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Hmmmm Maybe we can lose the third row and get a pir of those from the dealer :21:

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
I couldn't agree with you more!!

mcclendons said:
You can't always blame Bose. They are given a budget goal, and can design crap like anyone........

I've heard some good Bose car systems (IMO, although the MDX does not fit) and would bet the Mercedes will sound pretty. That said, am sure you can do MUCH better for less cost. But then at $340,000, why count pennies
I, once, rented an Infiniti QX4 with a Bose system in it and it just sounded fantastic......The base was TIGHT and ACCURATE (no boominess), the mids were well defined and the highs were really CRISP and CLEAR with very good stereo imaging..........Although, generally speaking, Bose is to a certain extent more hype than substance, I was quite impressed with the sound.........well, the Bose in the MDX is quite a different story.........I was so surprised that it sounded far worse than the JBL 8-speaker system I sampled in a Toyota Camry SE :eek: .......and that's not even a Luxury vehicle :eek:

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
My sister's Dodge Neon had better sound than my MDX!! How really sad...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts