Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
41 - 60 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
We have only had ours for 2 days. But, so far so good.. no issues. I have been really paying attention to using all of the tech features, the driver assist features, the Traffic Jam Assist... everything is great.

I suppose the only "issue" i have come across is pairing your phone. More specifically, if you setup your phone connected as Carplay, its not the same as connecting it as a phone through handsfreelink regular.. I forget what feature I was messing with but I'm pretty sure you have to pick one or the other.
quick question if you don't mind -- when connected via CarPlay and using Apple or Google Maps, do turn-by-turn directions appear in the digital cluster?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Almost all 1st year runs have major issues. Our 2003 Honda Accord V6 had the dreaded early transmission failures and went through 2 transmissions before we finally sold it. Our 2002 Acura TL-S had the same thing. Meanwhile our 2009 Pilot 1st year production was surprisingly flawless.
It usually takes auto manufacturers a couple of software updates to get wireless CarPlay right. My 2019 X5 (another 1st year model) had serious wireless CarPlay disconnection issues that took several software updates in the first year of ownership to finally fix and now I haven’t had a problem in the last 12 months.
Wife is now looking for a new suv and I’m however concerned about the transmission lag issues. My son’s 2019 Accord Sport 2.0 has the Honda 10 speed and I find it pretty good. Will have to definitely have to do an extended test drive on the MDX to see if we see this lag as a 5 minute one didn’t reveal it. (Wife was driving it too). My X5’s ZF8/In-line 6 combo has really fast and imperceptible gear shifts (which I find interesting that the ZF9 is not a very good transmission) and I hope the MDX is close.
I test drove the tech package today and felt absolutely no lag w/r/t to transmission, felt considerably different than the previous generation which I presently drive.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hi all, prospective 2022 MDX A-Spec buyer here. Just doing my final research before making a decision. Up until the last day or so I was dead set on the vehicle but after reading through this forum I've grown less excited about the idea due to all the issues I'm reading about. They seem to be fairly 'common' on this forum...

• Transmission issues
  • Brake system issues
  • Infotainment issues
  • Tailgate issues

This is not what I'd expect from Acura / Honda with their 'legendary' reputation for high quality vehicles, even though this is very early in the product run of a totally new model. My current vehicle has gone 137k miles without one need for unscheduled maintenance. I'm hoping to find that sort of reliability with my next vehicle as well, thus one of the key reasons I was drawn to Acura.

I realized model specific forums tend to highlight issues as folks often come here to get feedback and advice and to see if anyone else is experiencing the same issues. Thus, my question to you all is this: Who is NOT having any issues with your 2022 and how satisfied are you with your purchase?

Assuming we decide to purchase this week, I'll be taking it on about 5k miles worth of road trips in the next 60 days so I don't want to have to deal with issues while out on the road with the family.

Any thoughts or feedback you can provide would be much appreciated.

I'm having none of those issues. The only thing I don't like is that I think Acura did a poor job with tire selection. The tires are too loud on concrete freeways at speed. Other than that the car has been perfect. Love it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is 100% accurate. I'm a gamer and the same thing happens on those forums. No one usually posts a random "My Car is awesome and I love it" thread. After finding this forum I decided to start "contributing" shitposting :) as a form of sanity check for myself and others. There's not a single vehicle on the market that doesn't have these types of forums or threads about them. Sadly no vehicle is perfect no matter how much we would like to think so.

Our 22 A-Spec is the first "Luxury" vehicle. We've always purchased "new" but I've never really put any expectations on them until this one. Jumping into an entirely new price point caused me to expect a different level of design and refinement. Those were completely crushed when I noticed the transmission lag. It shattered any notion I had about how a 65K SUV (CND pricing) should be sooooo much better than our previous Ford Edge. I was wrong and a mistake. But that was on me, not Acura and not the MDX line.

Having said that, and this is probably the most important part of my post; For all the bitching I do about the transmission lag and other minor things that we've experienced so far, I am 100% confident in saying it's the best looking, most comfortable, enjoyable vehicle I have ever driven. Driving to work is actually something I look forward to because I know the ride will be awesome. Everytime I get in I'm impressed with the interior and how it feels "luxurious". I don't like using that word, it sounds like a cliche from the 90's, I guess it's better than "fancy". :)

So please don't let this forum poison/cloud your view on the MDX, it's an awesome SUV. Please take it out for a good long test drive and see if the stuff we mention on here bothers you or not. Heck, you might not even notice or have them.

Hopefully my ramblings help somehow.
This was so succinctly accurate and completely embodies my experience. Well said.

·
Registered
115 Posts
We got the chance to experience the 22 MDX for a day as a loaner while our 2019 was in for the fuel pump recal. They gave us a new 22 as a loaner. It is nice, but please take note. It was a white vehicle, but with that full glass roof the AC could not keep up with the FL heat! We could not cool the cabin very well even after an hour highway drive all with never opening the sun shade. Our 2019 we always have to turn it up as it gets too cold inside which is great. I have to think that large black glass panel is really taxing the AC system. We really enjoyed getting our 19 back and driving home in cool comfort. Also the tires on the 22 are way noisier than our Michelin’s. Great leg room though with the 3 extra inch wheel base.
Is there no cover for the glass roof? I haven't driven one yet but I assumed it would have a shade like the sunroof does in my 2012.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Coming up to a month and no issues!! I love this vehicle. I am a complainer and if something is not right I let the dealer know. I once had a BMW that made a faint bearing noise at idle. You could barely hear it but I got the tech to notice it. BMW couriered a new transmission to the dealer within 2 days and I had the new transmission installed. The dealer said the cost was $10,000. The new transmission still had the same noise. It was inherent in the design. The point of my story is I am picky. I had the MDX ZF 9 speed that did a harsh shift once in a while. Since others were having this issue I saw no point in getting a new transmission as a replacement would accomplish nothing. The BMW replacement taught me this.
Product Font Number Circle Pattern

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have about 1000 miles and have had some issues so far.
I do think I have to expect that for a new generation vehicle, but it still is unfortunate when things go wrong.

Today I dropped my MDX off to be looked at for a few issues. They got me a nice MDX loaner so all is good. Small hassle.

I think the MDX all around is a nice vehicle and we don’t have any regrets.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
153 Posts
The aviator had huge problems with reliability it's first year on the market, same with explorer. They had to shut down production for awhile to try and clean up the line.

If ur looking for better reliability then Lincoln shouldn't be at the top of ur list (neither should Volvo)

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
Same with the new Ford E Mach Mustang and the Ford new Lighting F-150.. Those are entirely new Landscapes for Ford. I wouldn't Touch Those vehicles now. Let the many Bugs get Crushed First - maybe in a year or 2 .

·
Registered
153 Posts
I've Got My 2022 Acura MDX Advance 5 weeks and 800 miles, no issues other than a "blotch' in the paint in the passenger side rear quarter panel. Looks like a small fade blotch in the paint? Weird but True. I have a scheduled app't tomorrow for service to look at it.
Further to mdxstang's post... Yes, by all means take the MDX for a good long drive. I did ,bc of COVID, they did NOT Join me on the drive. I played with all the Modes and DS Tranny modes using the paddle shifters. Ii went on the Highway and the suburban roads; it behaved like a Sports car in Sport Driving Mode and DS for the Tranny. Loved it on the spot. And... to top it off,I did NOT buy mine from that Dealer. I went with another Acura Dealer , where I took the car I was Leasing out for a drive which was great and unusual BC the deal wasn't done yet , we were still bickering back and forth on the final deal. At tghe end of the day, I went with that Dealer and the Fathom Blue Pearl with Graystone interior. At 70 YO, I stll feel like a 12 year old who received a favorite Toy at XMAS. Can't wait to go out to do a chore each day, at least for now. When it's Cold Ouitside, that feeling may subside :):):)

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
I've Got My 2022 Acura MDX Advance 5 weeks and 800 miles, no issues other than a "blotch' in the paint in the passenger side rear quarter panel. Looks like a small fade blotch in the paint? Weird but True. I have a scheduled app't tomorrow for service to look at it.
Further to mdxstang's post... Yes, by all means take the MDX for a good long drive. I did ,bc of COVID, they did NOT Join me on the drive. I played with all the Modes and DS Tranny modes using the paddle shifters. Ii went on the Highway and the suburban roads; it behaved like a Sports car in Sport Driving Mode and DS for the Tranny. Loved it on the spot. And... to top it off,I did NOT buy mine from that Dealer. I went with another Acura Dealer , where I took the car I was Leasing out for a drive which was great and unusual BC the deal wasn't done yet , we were still bickering back and forth on the final deal. At tghe end of the day, I went with that Dealer and the Fathom Blue Pearl with Graystone interior. At 70 YO, I stll feel like a 12 year old who received a favorite Toy at XMAS. Can't wait to go out to do a chore each day, at least for now. When it's Cold Ouitside, that feeling may subside :):):)
Same. Because of covid I went on 2 long test drives by myself and drove it like I stole it. 90 minutes later I get a call from the dealer asking if I am coming back.

Reactions: kimdx

·
Registered
115 Posts
Same. Because of covid I went on 2 long test drives by myself and drove it like I stole it. 90 minutes later I get a call from the dealer asking if I am coming back.
I drove once with the salesman and couldn't pay much attention because I was talking. The next day I asked to drive it by myself and they let me with no problem but needed it back within 45 minutes because it was the only one they had on the lot. Sure enough, I pulled back in exactly on time and there was a couple standing in its empty spot waiting to drive it! 😂😁. I know I got out looking like a little kid on Christmas! They could have sold me anything right then. I smartly waited 2 days to make the final decision which is why I've been asking so many questions recently!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi all, prospective 2022 MDX A-Spec buyer here. Just doing my final research before making a decision. Up until the last day or so I was dead set on the vehicle but after reading through this forum I've grown less excited about the idea due to all the issues I'm reading about. They seem to be fairly 'common' on this forum...

• Transmission issues
  • Brake system issues
  • Infotainment issues
  • Tailgate issues

This is not what I'd expect from Acura / Honda with their 'legendary' reputation for high quality vehicles, even though this is very early in the product run of a totally new model. My current vehicle has gone 137k miles without one need for unscheduled maintenance. I'm hoping to find that sort of reliability with my next vehicle as well, thus one of the key reasons I was drawn to Acura.

I realized model specific forums tend to highlight issues as folks often come here to get feedback and advice and to see if anyone else is experiencing the same issues. Thus, my question to you all is this: Who is NOT having any issues with your 2022 and how satisfied are you with your purchase?

Assuming we decide to purchase this week, I'll be taking it on about 5k miles worth of road trips in the next 60 days so I don't want to have to deal with issues while out on the road with the family.

Any thoughts or feedback you can provide would be much appreciated.

6000 miles in. Only major issue Is that I do not like the tires. Other than that the car has been great. The occasional Carplay glitch with Amazon Music but that also happens in my other Carplay equipped car so I don't think its the car.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Your money, but I would not chance it with ANY of those other brands. Acura is far superior to all of those. If you are concerned about Acura, take a look at the Lexus RX (it is at the end of this models run) or the Toyota Highlander, those were the two options I considered before buying my 2022 MDX.
Do you regret going with the MDX over the Highlander - I'm torn between the MDX A-Spec and the Highlander Platinum AWD (non-hybrid).

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Do you regret going with the MDX over the Highlander - I'm torn between the MDX A-Spec and the Highlander Platinum AWD (non-hybrid).
Highlander is quite inferior to the MDX. Smaller. Less luxurious. Ugly AF. Not sporty at all and lots of complaints about the 8 speed transmission. I considered a Highlander briefly. Not impressed at all.

·
Registered
5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had to have my infotainment system replaced because the clock quit working (2022 MDX Advanced). For the tailgate issue, you have to swipe slightly sideways with your foot instead of just using a kicking motion. Sometimes there is lag on the gas pedal especially when turning but I hear that this is normal for all of today's vehicles. I guess instant power is a thing of the past.
I had mine for 8 months now and I still enjoy driving it. The radar breaking system is fast and reliable. Lane keeping works well. I like the heads up display but I keep the brightness turned down.

41 - 60 of 65 Posts