Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
21 - 40 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
We’re almost 1000 miles in and no issues so far. If I were to complain about something, it would be with the wireless CarPlay. Most of the time it connects right on up but there are times where it takes about 2-3 minutes to connect wirelessly. So to counter that, I just plug my phone in and it connects instantly. Other than that, my experience has been great.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We’re almost 1000 miles in and no issues so far. If I were to complain about something, it would be with the wireless CarPlay. Most of the time it connects right on up but there are times where it takes about 2-3 minutes to connect wirelessly. So to counter that, I just plug my phone in and it connects instantly. Other than that, my experience has been great.
Almost all 1st year runs have major issues. Our 2003 Honda Accord V6 had the dreaded early transmission failures and went through 2 transmissions before we finally sold it. Our 2002 Acura TL-S had the same thing. Meanwhile our 2009 Pilot 1st year production was surprisingly flawless.
It usually takes auto manufacturers a couple of software updates to get wireless CarPlay right. My 2019 X5 (another 1st year model) had serious wireless CarPlay disconnection issues that took several software updates in the first year of ownership to finally fix and now I haven’t had a problem in the last 12 months.
Wife is now looking for a new suv and I’m however concerned about the transmission lag issues. My son’s 2019 Accord Sport 2.0 has the Honda 10 speed and I find it pretty good. Will have to definitely have to do an extended test drive on the MDX to see if we see this lag as a 5 minute one didn’t reveal it. (Wife was driving it too). My X5’s ZF8/In-line 6 combo has really fast and imperceptible gear shifts (which I find interesting that the ZF9 is not a very good transmission) and I hope the MDX is close.

·
Registered
496 Posts
"I do miss hearing a beep when walking away from the car letting me know the doors are locked."

All you have to do is go to "Systems-> Vehicle->Keyless Access Setup->Walk Away Auto Lock" and your walk away feature will be activated. You'll hear an initial beep and a final one when you are a certain distance away. It does not come preset from the factory.
Hi TexasBlue Aspe, My 2022 ADvanced MDX was set already like you said, but I still hear no Beep when I walk away. If it is quiet outside, I can hear the doors lock, but no beep like my 2018 MDX.
Does yours Beep? Maybe mine is defective.

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
Hi TexasBlue Aspe, My 2022 ADvanced MDX was set already like you said, but I still hear no Beep when I walk away. If it is quiet outside, I can hear the doors lock, but no beep like my 2018 MDX.
I don’t have a 2022, but on my 2017 the setting is under keyless access beep. You probably have to turn that on separately

·
Registered
2022 MDX Aspec / 2019 Ridgeline Sport / 2007 335i Coupe
44 Posts

Car must be on (it will warn you if not), go to Settings-->Vehicle-->Keyless Access Setup-->Keyless Access Beep--> ON

I also made a video but forgot i would have to upload to youtube just to show how it sounds and the actions. Anyway, I hope you get it working.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Car must be on (it will warn you if not), go to Settings-->Vehicle-->Keyless Access Setup-->Keyless Access Beep--> ON

I also made a video but forgot i would have to upload to youtube just to show how it sounds and the actions. Anyway, I hope you get it working.
Thanks TExasBlue- It worked this time. I thought I tried that method a couple times. I still am trying to figure out the XM radio favorites and get to them easily. Now my only minor gripes is how hard it is to wash the wheels and the low gas mileage. Both item I knew would exist from my last 6 MDX cars including my 2018 Hybrid.

·
Registered
7 Posts
We bought a 2022 Tech for my wife a little over two months ago. It was new, of course, but had about 400 miles on it at the time of purchase and we've put another 1,000 on it since. We've had zero issues mentioned in the original post. I joined this forum around the time of purchase but haven't been as active in it as I intended, so I'll admit I really haven't even heard of those problems until now.

I will echo what some others have said re: vehicle forums... I would imagine one of the top reasons people join forums is to find solutions for little (or big) problems, so it follows that you'll end up with a lot of people complaining about vehicle issues such that it can drown out the positives. I've found that to be the case with almost every forum I've ever joined. Just remember to take it all with a grain of salt.

This is the first Acura either of us has owned and the only complaint I have about it is that you can't choose a memory seat setting unless the vehicle is in park. That just seems unnecessary, and I've never encountered it in another vehicle - my current GMC and our previous vehicles (Subaru, Toyota, Lexus) all allow(ed) memory seat function at any time. A minor gripe, for sure, but still...

·
Registered
25 Posts
I am just loving my new MDX 2022. Absolutely no issues. But there is a minor inconvenience when switching phones with wireless Android Auto. Say, last time my wife's phone was connected with wireless android auto. Then, if both of us are traveling and if I want to use my phone, there is no easy way I found unless I turn off my wife's phone to disconnect and manually connect to my phone.

The touchpad is not fun to use, the touch screen would be better, but I am not bothered too much. Because 100% of the time, I use Wireless Android Auto with voice command, and voice command works smoothly with Google assistance. When I do need to select the app from the Infotainment system (like going to Settings), I park my car and can manage to do that without tearing my hair. changing music source is also easy from the steering wheel, so not bothered. Unless someone needs to play a video game in that infotainment system, I can't say a non-touchscreen is a big problem.

The Built-in Navigation is not exciting, I really miss Garmin Navigation which is built-in in all Honda cars, wondering why Acura did not get Garmin Navigation. So, I use Google map all the time using Android Auto.

Oh, Cabin Talk is a feature that comes with my A-Spec, I could not make it work yet, not sure what I am missing. Even though I really do not care about this Cabin Talk feature, but wanted to make sure a feature works which comes with the car.

what else! Oh, opening trunk by kicking in the air, the feature works 50%, hmm, nope, 25% of the time. But that's okay,

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi all, prospective 2022 MDX A-Spec buyer here. Just doing my final research before making a decision. Up until the last day or so I was dead set on the vehicle but after reading through this forum I've grown less excited about the idea due to all the issues I'm reading about. They seem to be fairly 'common' on this forum...

• Transmission issues
  • Brake system issues
  • Infotainment issues
  • Tailgate issues

This is not what I'd expect from Acura / Honda with their 'legendary' reputation for high quality vehicles, even though this is very early in the product run of a totally new model. My current vehicle has gone 137k miles without one need for unscheduled maintenance. I'm hoping to find that sort of reliability with my next vehicle as well, thus one of the key reasons I was drawn to Acura.

I realized model specific forums tend to highlight issues as folks often come here to get feedback and advice and to see if anyone else is experiencing the same issues. Thus, my question to you all is this: Who is NOT having any issues with your 2022 and how satisfied are you with your purchase?

Assuming we decide to purchase this week, I'll be taking it on about 5k miles worth of road trips in the next 60 days so I don't want to have to deal with issues while out on the road with the family.

Any thoughts or feedback you can provide would be much appreciated.
Two months. 2022 MDX advance. Fitted with OEM wheel locks, Cross bars, all weather floor mats and cargo mat. About 2000 miles. No issues so far. Totally happy.

·
Registered
67 Posts
This is 100% accurate. I'm a gamer and the same thing happens on those forums. No one usually posts a random "My Car is awesome and I love it" thread. After finding this forum I decided to start "contributing" shitposting :) as a form of sanity check for myself and others. There's not a single vehicle on the market that doesn't have these types of forums or threads about them. Sadly no vehicle is perfect no matter how much we would like to think so.

Our 22 A-Spec is the first "Luxury" vehicle. We've always purchased "new" but I've never really put any expectations on them until this one. Jumping into an entirely new price point caused me to expect a different level of design and refinement. Those were completely crushed when I noticed the transmission lag. It shattered any notion I had about how a 65K SUV (CND pricing) should be sooooo much better than our previous Ford Edge. I was wrong and a mistake. But that was on me, not Acura and not the MDX line.

Having said that, and this is probably the most important part of my post; For all the bitching I do about the transmission lag and other minor things that we've experienced so far, I am 100% confident in saying it's the best looking, most comfortable, enjoyable vehicle I have ever driven. Driving to work is actually something I look forward to because I know the ride will be awesome. Everytime I get in I'm impressed with the interior and how it feels "luxurious". I don't like using that word, it sounds like a cliche from the 90's, I guess it's better than "fancy". :)

So please don't let this forum poison/cloud your view on the MDX, it's an awesome SUV. Please take it out for a good long test drive and see if the stuff we mention on here bothers you or not. Heck, you might not even notice or have them.

Hopefully my ramblings help somehow.
Fun comments. Yes, the tranny responds by mail. You just have to plan ahead and if you need to pass somebody, as I often do here in Montana, just remember to gas it before you finish your sammich. Its kind of a balancing act but I haven't rear ended anybody yet. I do have some trouble as I also have a Porsche Turbo S which shifts in a major jiffy, kinda instanter. With about 650 German nags romping around in the trunk, passing exposure is quite different from the MDX. Actually, I often run it in granny mode to keep me out of some poor suckers trunk.

·
Registered
1 Posts
30 days in, no issues. Love it so far! About 800 miles in...
This is my first Acura after 20 years of Honda ownership, I bought a '22 MDX Advanced. I've had several Odysseys, the latest is a 2018 Elite, which I love, and a 2010 Pilot which I refuse to give up. Like mentioned above, love the drive to work now. This is our spoil ourselves SUV. My now adult kids especially love the rear heated seats.

·
Registered
2019 Acura MDX SHAWD-AWD Tech/Ent
22 Posts
We got the chance to experience the 22 MDX for a day as a loaner while our 2019 was in for the fuel pump recal. They gave us a new 22 as a loaner. It is nice, but please take note. It was a white vehicle, but with that full glass roof the AC could not keep up with the FL heat! We could not cool the cabin very well even after an hour highway drive all with never opening the sun shade. Our 2019 we always have to turn it up as it gets too cold inside which is great. I have to think that large black glass panel is really taxing the AC system. We really enjoyed getting our 19 back and driving home in cool comfort. Also the tires on the 22 are way noisier than our Michelin’s. Great leg room though with the 3 extra inch wheel base.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've had my advanced for a month also,1000 miles and I agree with you about the the CarPlay. Didn't know it took so long for wireless and thought there's a problem. Thanks for the plug in advice. Guess all is okay.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have had my 2022 Aspec since Feb - it certainly is from the first batch that was delivered to the Texas - from what I can gauge from the VIN number.
So far I have done about 5500 miles with a drive down to New Mexico, White Sands, etc - and drove the MDX in a sand storm as well as light snow, including driving up the Taos mountains.
The first day was a 14 hr drive I have touched speeds reaching 110 mph in some Texas roads and i should say the new MDX has lived up to my expectations of the balance between luxury, adequate power, and a great experience from service. There were a few quirks like the USB port clip failing and one of the retainer clips in the cup-holder failing, but they were both taken care of by the dealership. The ELS audio needs a mention as well - i think it is one of the best you can find in a car.

·
Registered
9 Posts
22' MDX Aspec here! Is any one getting errors on infotainment or popping behind the screen? My cup holders also failed and apparently those are on back order. Dealer is at a loss with my audio problems. I find it to be very glitchy and hate that it doesnt charge my iphone 12 Otherwise LOVE my car!

·
Registered
6 Posts
22' MDX Aspec here! Is any one getting errors on infotainment or popping behind the screen? My cup holders also failed and apparently those are on back order. Dealer is at a loss with my audio problems. I find it to be very glitchy and hate that it doesnt charge my iphone 12 Otherwise LOVE my car!
View attachment 117547
I too get this error once in a while. Mostly when I start the car. I click the OK button and it goes away. After that, the screen works normally. Hope Acura fix this in the next update.

21 - 40 of 65 Posts