Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, has anyone been having issues with their touchpad when you are using google maps on Android Auto ?
Mines just started a few days ago. Like it works fine everywhere except on google maps. Like after I click on the place I wanna go. I can not swap or click on anything. I have to click the back button first before I can see the anything I'm hovering off. Then after I select lets say settings. I can not scroll up or down, unless I click home, then go back in.
It has been driving me crazy because I can't not select or see alt routes and stuff when I'm on the road. I have already redid the connects on my phone to car, and ever reset all my settings with factory reset. Anyone have any ideas?
Also thank you all for the help with hitch stuff from before. It came out nicely !

·
Registered
2022 Acura MDX Adv
74 Posts
Hi, has anyone been having issues with their touchpad when you are using google maps on Android Auto ?
Mines just started a few days ago. Like it works fine everywhere except on google maps. Like after I click on the place I wanna go. I can not swap or click on anything. I have to click the back button first before I can see the anything I'm hovering off. Then after I select lets say settings. I can not scroll up or down, unless I click home, then go back in.
It has been driving me crazy because I can't not select or see alt routes and stuff when I'm on the road. I have already redid the connects on my phone to car, and ever reset all my settings with factory reset. Anyone have any ideas?
Also thank you all for the help with hitch stuff from before. It came out nicely !
I've had the same issue the last week or so...
It's a Google Maps issue that's been reported online.
Using "OK Google. Navigate to..." seems to work...

·
Registered
2020 MDX Hybrid Advance
322 Posts
Same happened to me on 3rd gen, luckily on 3rdgen you can toggle down to main menu then back up to google maps to fix.

It is a widely reported bug on all android auto non-touchscreen cars the past week or so.

Good to know back button works as a workaround on 4thgen, will tell my wife for her 22 RDX.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Same happened to me on 3rd gen, luckily on 3rdgen you can toggle down to main menu then back up to google maps to fix.

It is a widely reported bug on all android auto non-touchscreen cars the past week or so.

Good to know back button works as a workaround on 4thgen, will tell my wife for her 22 RDX.
Ah really? I had no idea it was such an issues. tys for the info.
also yeah you can use back, unless you're in settings , because it will just close the setting box. Instead use "home" and just open AA again.
After that go back in. it lets you scroll through the settings stuff. At least in my case it does lol

·
Registered
2020 MDX Hybrid Advance
322 Posts
According to some forums this is fixed with Google maps v11.58. It is available for apk download but not yet in play store.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts