Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The brake pedal on my 2022 MDX Advance seems to be real soft (spongy) as I first step on the brake pedal, it doesn't seem responsive.. If I remove my foot a bit and quickley press the pedal a 2nd time the pedal firms up and is much more responsive. Dealer says it's designed this way. ?? Does anyone else experience this problem?

·
Registered
2022 Acura MDX Advance, Majestic Black Pearl, Full Nose PPF, Clear Plex windshield, Ceramic Coated.
183 Posts
It's because of the electric parking brake being releasing the pressure. As long as the pedal doesn't go all the way, I think it is design that way.

·
Registered
28 Posts
The brake pedal on my 2022 MDX Advance seems to be real soft (spongy) as I first step on the brake pedal, it doesn't seem responsive.. If I remove my foot a bit and quickley press the pedal a 2nd time the pedal firms up and is much more responsive. Dealer says it's designed this way. ?? Does anyone else experience this problem?
Are you still experiencing this issue? I experienced the same thing too. in my new Advanced. I tested my friends Advanced and I did not notice the issue. The breaks were more responsive. Could ours be having issues? Have you tested another Acura?

·
Registered
668 Posts
Are you still experiencing this issue? I experienced the same thing too. in my new Advanced. I tested my friends Advanced and I did not notice the issue. The breaks were more responsive. Could ours be having issues? Have you tested another Acura?
‘Take it to the dealer. My 2022 Advanced’s brakes are as firm as they could be.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
My 2022 definitely has softer brakes than my 2017 did. I guess I'm getting used to it and it the MDX stills stops.

·
Registered
7 Posts
first thing I noticed driving this car. the pedal is WAY too soft when you first start the car up. it does seem to be better while driving though. I don't drive my wife's car often, so I've not paid that much attention to it yet.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I actually found this thread searching Google for 2022 MDX and soft brake pedal. My Advanced is also unsettlingly soft at the top and through about half of the travel. That being said, it feels exactly like the A-Spec Tech I test drove prior to purchase. If there were a way to get this firmed up and move the bite feeling to the top of the pedal travel, I would be very happy indeed.

·
Registered
2022 MDX A-Spec / 2022 TLX Advance
581 Posts
It’s just the design of the pedal. The wife’s TLX has the electro-servo brake pedal the MDX Type S has and that thing bites hard - love it. The the standard MDX’s brake pedal feels as you all describe. It’s designed like that. Nothing can be done to change it unfortunately.

it does sound like some folks have a softer pedal than others. Personally mine feels fine to me, but I have no doubt that some of you have softer pedals

·
Registered
483 Posts
It’s just the design of the pedal. The wife’s TLX has the electro-servo brake pedal the MDX Type S has and that thing bites hard - love it. The the standard MDX’s brake pedal feels as you all describe. It’s designed like that. Nothing can be done to change it unfortunately.

it does sound like some folks have a softer pedal than others. Personally mine feels fine to me, but I have no doubt that some of you have softer pedals
Ummmmm, yeah

·
Registered
516 Posts

Chazzy, and the Type S has larger Brembro Brakes too, right? My 2022 MDX Advance has softer pedal that the 2019 MDX I had. I do got used to it, but still miss that hard bite (as you describe).

·
Registered
2019 advance red pearl parchment
200 Posts
I bought my mdx with 6k miles on it June of 2020 .My brake pedal was pure mush . I noticed the brake fluid was extremely dark.After charging fluid the brakes are fine and the fluid is still clear 20 months later.For some reason the fluid from the factory was turning brown right away.The dealership was replacing fluid in quite a bit of cars.It doesn’t make sense that some pedals are normal and some are soft.Their all the same exact brakes

·
Registered
483 Posts
That’s some good input Hogan. Good input indeed.
Sorry, next time I will do a deeper dive reflection on how your previous statement so perfectly applies to a phallic alternative, as you so clearly state as you feel your pedal often and make note of its firmness. In the moment all I could do was just shake my head and say Ummm, yeah

·
Registered
218 Posts
I have a 2014 MDX, 2017 RDX and a 2021 Honda CR-V. The MDX has the softest brake feel of the 3 vehicles. I guess that is how they designed it. I remember when I took delivery of my MDX in June 2013, the reviewers all commented on how soft the brake feel was. I was curious if they were going to adjust on the 4th generation MDX and it appears Acura did not. Type S has brembo brakes and that is a firm feel when I test drove it for fun.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts