Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all - Something hit the right passenger side mirror on my beautiful 3 month old 2022 MDX. The mirror glass and motor are fine, but there is a long crack and large set of scratches as you can see in the photo.

What is the best way to repair this? Can I repair it? Do I need to take it to the dealership and have them replace it? As it’s cosmetic, I suppose I could learn to live with it, but my car is so new, it stings to see it.

I am not a car person and don’t have any skill so don’t typically do any of my own work. It’s also a lease if that matters.

Appreciate any thoughts!
Automotive parking light Automotive side-view mirror Vehicle Car Grille

· Registered
2022 Acura MDX Advance, Majestic Black Pearl, Full Nose PPF, Clear Plex windshield, Ceramic Coated.
187 Posts
Go to Acura Parts Online and just purchase the outer shell. Same thing happen with my Lexus before and simply bought the piece I need. You just need to figure out how to take it apart. Usually you pop the mirror out and remove the wiring.

Even though it's a lease, when you return it with that damage they might require you to pay for that.

Part below if the the Liquid Gray Metallic.

Acura 76251-TYA-C11ZF
Housing Uppe*Nh885M*

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Go to Acura Parts Online and just purchase the outer shell. Same thing happen with my Lexus before and simply bought the piece I need. You just need to figure out how to take it apart. Usually you pop the mirror out and remove the wiring.

Even though it's a lease, when you return it with that damage they might require you to pay for that.

Part below if the the Liquid Gray Metallic.

Acura 76251-TYA-C11ZF
Housing Uppe*Nh885M*
Thanks. This is super helpful, I’ll order it and find some YouTube videos to figure out how to replace it! I appreciate it.

· Registered
5,030 Posts
You could take it to a body shop and have them fix it - after giving you an estimate. Your insurance should pay for part of it depending on your deductible.

If you're 'not a car person' this may be your best option. You can at least find out the cost of them fixing it (covered by insurance).

· Registered
2004 MDX, 2022 MDX
4,669 Posts
You could take it to a body shop and have them fix it - after giving you an estimate. Your insurance should pay for part of it depending on your deductible.

If you're 'not a car person' this may be your best option. You can at least find out the cost of them fixing it (covered by insurance).
Good advice. Regarding that last line, note that all body shops are happy to provide free estimates for repairs, so you've got nothing to lose by getting one.

· Registered
668 Posts
You were lucky as I had something side swipe me and my LX570 and Lexus charged $1000 just for the parts. I feel like I could have had it done cheaper but it was nice to see it back to damage free.

· Registered
1,712 Posts
I had the motor in the mirror go flakey on my 2017 MDX. Dealer said they needed to replace the entire housing and it would be $1200. I lived with the flakey motor that would normally not reset based on the driver. It was a memory thing and I could still more the mirror with controls.

· Registered
2022 MDX A-Spec / 2022 TLX Advance
618 Posts
Hi all - Something hit the right passenger side mirror on my beautiful 3 month old 2022 MDX. The mirror glass and motor are fine, but there is a long crack and large set of scratches as you can see in the photo.

What is the best way to repair this? Can I repair it? Do I need to take it to the dealership and have them replace it? As it’s cosmetic, I suppose I could learn to live with it, but my car is so new, it stings to see it.

I am not a car person and don’t have any skill so don’t typically do any of my own work. It’s also a lease if that matters.

Appreciate any thoughts! View attachment 119289
Bah! Tragic!

If it’s anything like my Mazda’s were, it’s actually a super easy fix. I use to replace all the painted mirror caps on my Mazda’s for gloss black ones to match trim Pieces. Good luck!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts