Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
101 - 106 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Negotiated tire swap when i got my 2022 mdx from bridgestone stock to michelin primary a/s. The stock oem is not great. Even the parts department guy told me the same. He claimed to have driven the 2022 MDX with oem bridgestone on many occasions

·
Registered
482 Posts
Compared to my 2021 Honda Ridgeline, 2022 makes very little road noise depending on the road. I am not impressed with the stock tires, but not disappointed either.

·
Registered
2022 MDX A-Spec
37 Posts
Update

It turns out it was the tires. The difference between the Michelins and the OME Bridgestones is like night and day. The vehicle is literally whisper quiet at speeds 65 mph and lower. Even at higher speeds the vehicle is still extremely quiet. Happy to find out that there were no major mechanical issues with the vehicle…….Not happy to have had to basically do all of this leg work and have to give the dealership an ear full in order for them to final change out the tires……..Either way not like I needed any more confirmation but I will NEVER put anything but Michelin tires on any of my vehicles moving forward. I will immediately change out Michelins for any new vehicle that I will purchase in the future that doesn’t have them as standard OEM.
hey, I really appreciate you being such a stickler on this, but also posting your results. The Primacy Tour will definitely be my next set of tires because of your legwork. I have a drone between 69-73mph. It’s definitely tire drone, everything is otherwise silky smooth.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just switched my tires out to Pirelli Scorpion A/S IIIs based on reviews at Tire Rack. The noise difference is clear. As an experiment I just had a whispered conversation at 55-60mph with my three year old in the second row. We could both make out everything the other was saying at a whisper at speed! You still hear the tires a bit but I think that is only because the car controls all other noise so well (and the fact that the wheels and tires are so big and wide. Personally I'd rather have 18s). If it didn't control wind and engine noise while cruising so well I don't think I'd notice it. It only takes a volume of five or six on the radio to override that noise at highway speed now and at 45 you can even hear the radio fine at a volume of two or three. The noise levels seem very similar to the Audi A6 loaner I had last week for a few days which is a another car that is very quiet and where you can only hear some faint tire noise because it controls other noises so well.

My Acura dealer knocked some off the price of the tire replacement. I can't compare them to the Michelens others mentioned but they are a clear improvement and would have been a much better OEM tire.

I think part of the reason they car seemed so loud on factory tires is that it controls other noise so well. I've seen objective DB ratings that show the MDX isn't actually that loud. I think it is as much the type of noise that hits you that is bothersome. Tire noise is irritating to me in a way that wind noise isn't so the same number of decibels of tire noise grates on me far more than an equivalent amount of wind rush or HVAC noise.

·
Registered
507 Posts
From my experience (somewhat limited) with Honda/Acura vehicles and with friends whom have Honda/Acura my observation and theirs is that Honda/Acura vehicles are much more sensitive to tire selection for minimal road noise. Variation amongst tires in degree of road noise is large. Other brands we have owned have been much less sensitive to tires wrt road noise. Honda just hasn't figured out how to minimize tire road noise yet, which is a shame.

101 - 106 of 106 Posts