Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
61 - 80 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Anybody else notice the accelerator pedal touches the Tux mat. Not that I making it a habit of putting the pedal on the floor, but in just doing some clearance checking with the car in the off position, I did notice the back of the accelerator pedal touches the Tux mat.

Thoughts?
I see. I also took a test drive with the mat in place and it seems the distance for the pedal to go down is enough for me.
Yes, even with the mat installed correctly (with clips - I only needed one), the pedal depressed all the way hits the mat. I road tested it, and does appear to lack full power when “pedal to the mat” 🤣; but that’s okay because that’s not how I regularly drive and the clearance doesn’t effect daily driving.

·
Registered
21 Posts
You should absolutely go to OEMAcuraParts.com, select the 2022 MDX Accessories banner at the top of the page and order them for a discount. You have to pay shipping, but you get close to a 30% discount and don’t have to pay tax. I’ve saved a few thousand dollars by ordering from there.
That’s exactly what I did. The prices are so much better.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Did you find you could get away without using any of the clips or velcro adhesive? I tend to wash my car weekly in the winter and if I have to use velcro strips to hold the mats in place, they will be useless after taking the mats out once or twice. Thanks
I don't care for weather tech since they don't really come exactly to the specific size but it's close. Go online and purchase the original OEM accessories at discounted prices. I purchased the 3rd role all weather floor mat for $30 off. I also purchased the splash guards for $40 less than the dealer. Acuraoempartsdirect.com

Good luck

·
Registered
668 Posts
Wish there was another solution to protect the carpet at the door threshold. Just from accidentally and occasionally having tennis shoe hit that area, I can already see some wear. Maybe someone will come up with some type of plastic cover or something.

I have looked at the Tuxmat site and they look a bit strange and then you hear about the clips and accelerator pedal interference and . . . . Well they are out of stock anyway.

·
Registered
2004 MDX, 2022 MDX
4,604 Posts
Am i blind that I'm not finding Type S premium or all weather mats?
1. Go to 2022 Acura MDX | Premium Performance SUV | Acura.com
2. Click "BUILD"
3. Select "355 HP 3.0-L Turbo"
4. Click "BUILD" under Type S or Type S Advance
5. At the top of the screen, click "Accessories"
6. On the right where it says PACKAGES EXTERIOR INTERIOR click "INTERIOR"
7. Scroll through the accessories and you should find them there.

·
Registered
42 Posts
1. Go to 2022 Acura MDX | Premium Performance SUV | Acura.com
2. Click "BUILD"
3. Select "355 HP 3.0-L Turbo"
4. Click "BUILD" under Type S or Type S Advance
5. At the top of the screen, click "Accessories"
6. On the right where it says PACKAGES EXTERIOR INTERIOR click "INTERIOR"
7. Scroll through the accessories and you should find them there.
I should have been more clear. Most of the conversation has been around where to get accessories from other sites at a discount. That's what I was looking for, not going to my dealer for full price. I've come up empty on the various Acura accessories for less sites noted on here.

·
Registered
2004 MDX, 2022 MDX
4,604 Posts
I should have been more clear. Most of the conversation has been around where to get accessories from other sites at a discount. That's what I was looking for, not going to my dealer for full price. I've come up empty on the various Acura accessories for less sites noted on here.
Don't limit yourself to their websites, which may not be complete. Pick up the phone and call. For example, Acura of Peoria (AZ) does great discounts under the website oemacuraparts.com Call them at 866-347-8355 between 7 a.m. and 4 p.m. Eastern Time, and you'll be talking to Tim Poliniak, who is a great guy. He'll sell you what you're looking for at a great price.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Apologies if this has been discussed recently. I’m new to the forum and getting a feel for it. I’m picking up my 2022 mdx soon and debating which all weather mats to get. Should I get the installed ones from the dealership for $370, or the weather tech floor liners for about $300 with tax and shipping? Open to other suggestions as well as far as what’s the best option. Thank you!
i have all weather mats oem that i bought after i purchased my 22 a spec . And trunk cargo mat . Also have middle row seat covers oem . They are all like new if interested i can dk a deal . My acura 22 mdx went back as a lemon vehicle

·
Premium Member
2022 MDX Type S Advance
8 Posts
After many different aftermarket floormats, I found the 3D Maxpider to be the best out there. They are not slippery, don't discolor, fit perfectly, easy to clean and wear better than rubber, carpet or plastic type I've had.

I’ve used these in several other cars but can’t find them for the 2022 MDX. Where did you get yours and what part number?
Update: these are now in stock. Just received mine.

·
Registered
22 MDX ASpec
2 Posts
Soo disappointed with the 22 MDX layout for carpet and mats. I have not seen any floor mat manufactuer that has made a mat to cover the areas on the sides where typically there used to be a plastic kick panel on the 19, this is now gone on the 4th gen, and the mats do not cover the carpet up adequately for me and every time you get in the vehicle you are dragging your feet over this area, I am constantly aware of this and picking my feet up so I do not do this, but the wife however does not grasp this concept. I bought the Acura Rubber Mats, but kept my old mats from my 2019, im wierd like that, and yes it did hurt a little bit to cut them up, but I sacraficed for the carpet fibers... :ROFLMAO: I have since retrofitted the old mats to cover the carpet up in this area to prevent wear and getting soiled, and have tucked the mat under the rubber door seal, which works out pretty good. Did not one desiger think this was a bad idea? OH and the transmission on the 22, no better than the ZF in my opinion...
Grille Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Trunk

·
Registered
160 Posts
They are not back in stock yet but TuxMat's are great and cover all the side areas as well as the strip of carpet along the sill. A couple people felt that they stop the accelerator pedal from pushing all the way to the floor but I haven't noticed that on my MDX.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Does anyone have experience with Smartliner? It appears to have the coverage over that rocker carpet but I am not sure if I should pull the trigger and order yet. Just haven't any experience with that company's product.
I had weather tech on order this morning and cancelled once I noticed their coverage over this area wasn't defined in their ad and then I found this post.
Not so sure the wife will like the TuxMat is the only reason I haven't gotten those.
Sure would have been nice if Acura didn't put a strip of carpet where every person drags their feet, what were they thinking?

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Does anyone have experience with Smartliner? It appears to have the coverage over that rocker carpet but I am not sure if I should pull the trigger and order yet. Just haven't any experience with that company's product.
I had weather tech on order this morning and cancelled once I noticed their coverage over this area wasn't defined in their ad and then I found this post.
Not so sure the wife will like the TuxMat is the only reason I haven't gotten those.
Sure would have been nice if Acura didn't put a strip of carpet where every person drags their feet, what were they thinking?
I have had both Smartliner and Weathertech on prior vehicles and found them both to be of poor quality. In both cases, they were thin and did not last more than a couple of years.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My wife ordered an all-weather-mats that's supposedly made specifically for our 2022 MDX from Amazon. Never heard of them, but I have to say, they fit perfectly, are of good quality, they're easy to install, and do not smell. Paid $189.00 for all three rows, and they're 100 times better than what came with the SUV, not to mention cheaper than most name brands. I wish they made one for the trunk as well.

Here's the link on amazon - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09MS78BB...9Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

61 - 80 of 81 Posts