Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
41 - 60 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
I just installed the Tuxmat. It was slightly more difficult to install than wearthertech due to the retainers not exactly aligning with the groves.

It’s more comfortable and looks great as well. The best part is the door sill coverage as carpet is exposed in MDX. Now I just have to get rid of Weathertech.
Did you find you could get away without using any of the clips or velcro adhesive? I tend to wash my car weekly in the winter and if I have to use velcro strips to hold the mats in place, they will be useless after taking the mats out once or twice. Thanks

·
Registered
117 Posts
I just installed the Tuxmat. It was slightly more difficult to install than wearthertech due to the retainers not exactly aligning with the groves.

It’s more comfortable and looks great as well. The best part is the door sill coverage as carpet is exposed in MDX. Now I just have to get rid of Weathertech.
Can you get away without using any clips or velcro adhesive strips?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Did you find you could get away without using any of the clips or velcro adhesive? I tend to wash my car weekly in the winter and if I have to use velcro strips to hold the mats in place, they will be useless after taking the mats out once or twice. Thanks
I haven’t used any clips or velcro yet. I will check again in few days and report back. So far it’s settled in nicely around all corners and door sill.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Wow these TuxMats look sweet and fit so nicely. Like a Blanket for your Floor!! I ordered a set for my Son's Jeep GC as a Bday present. Hopiong to have them delivered to him on Monday. FYI, I contacted TuxMats to see if there were any Senior Citizen Discounts (AAA, AARP, etc). There are none, but they offered me a $20 discount as a repeat Customer toward my contempleted order for my 2022 MDX !! Ask and You Shall Get To Rome!!.
PS: I have never purchased All Weather Mats for any my of my Cars. These seem very Tempting compared to $135 for Acura's stock OEM All Weather mats that cover nearly as much Real Estate. I'm a Heel to Toe right foot driver. Dom these TuxMats interfere in any way with that?? Oh and one observbatuion about the stock standard mats , they are already "wearing" at the heel area of where i have my right Foot. Digging a hole into the cheap Mat and that's only from late August with just over 3K miles on the MDX (used each day for local stuff).

·
Registered
19 Posts
Those tuxmat ones look nice. Wish I knew about those before we picked up our a spec. The oem ones don’t cover the carpet piece beside the door at all, otherwise they’re alright
They did come with an extra little piece to put down if the second middle row middle seat / console piece is removed which is a plus
Car Vehicle Automotive design Motor vehicle Car seat cover

Automotive parking light Grille Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood

Car Light Hood Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
2022 MDX A-Spec / 2022 TLX Advance
459 Posts
FINALLY did mine today - been a long week/weekend. Loving these things TuxMats!! One of the few non-oem things I’ll recommend over OEM. The coverage is amazing

Car Product Luggage and bags Hood Bag
Hood Grey Walking shoe Outdoor shoe Automotive design

Car Hood Automotive design Automotive lighting Grille

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Texture is like ballistic nylon. Should be rather easy to clean and rinse off if needed.

·
Registered
2022 MDX A-Spec / 2022 TLX Advance
459 Posts
Anybody else notice the accelerator pedal touches the Tux mat. Not that I making it a habit of putting the pedal on the floor, but in just doing some clearance checking with the car in the off position, I did notice the back of the accelerator pedal touches the Tux mat.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Someone earlier in the thread was worried about the velcro and plastic tabs in tuxmats when washing the car. In 4 years I had my previous car I maybe took them out once or twice. They covered so well that there was no reason for taking them out. You can vacuum and wipe or wash them in place. The material seemed very durable.

My old car did no use the velcro things, though.

·
Registered
2022 MDX Technology
39 Posts
Anybody else notice the accelerator pedal touches the Tux mat. Not that I making it a habit of putting the pedal on the floor, but in just doing some clearance checking with the car in the off position, I did notice the back of the accelerator pedal touches the Tux mat.

Thoughts?
Have you solved the problem? I'm in the same situation.

·
Registered
2004 MDX, 2022 MDX
4,604 Posts
The most likely cause for the pedals touching the mats is failing to use the clips that came with the mats. The mats come with clips that clip onto the edges and get inserted into seams in the interior moldings. You need to use the clips to get the Tuxmats to stay in place, flat against the surfaces of the interior and not interfere with the pedals, etc.

Here is a photo, with two clips circled in red. As you can see, the Tuxmat does not come anywhere near the gas pedal.
Grey Automotive design Bag Carbon Personal luxury car

·
Registered
403 Posts
Wow these TuxMats look sweet and fit so nicely. Like a Blanket for your Floor!! I ordered a set for my Son's Jeep GC as a Bday present. Hopiong to have them delivered to him on Monday. FYI, I contacted TuxMats to see if there were any Senior Citizen Discounts (AAA, AARP, etc). There are none, but they offered me a $20 discount as a repeat Customer toward my contempleted order for my 2022 MDX !! Ask and You Shall Get To Rome!!.
PS: I have never purchased All Weather Mats for any my of my Cars. These seem very Tempting compared to $135 for Acura's stock OEM All Weather mats that cover nearly as much Real Estate. I'm a Heel to Toe right foot driver. Dom these TuxMats interfere in any way with that?? Oh and one observbatuion about the stock standard mats , they are already "wearing" at the heel area of where i have my right Foot. Digging a hole into the cheap Mat and that's only from late August with just over 3K miles on the MDX (used each day for local stuff).
Referring to the TuxMats I ordered for my son's KJepp GC Limited, he didn't like them. I sent them back via FESEX which was part of the return process at Their Cost!! TuxMats had very responsive Customer Service. Fast, Easy, and Pleasant. I did see them and IMO, felt they were a bit "cheap" looking - Ballistic Nylon as one poster described. I will pass on them for my MDX. I will scout for a OEM All Weather Mat deal (best one I found is about $135 ). And also considering adding Splash Guards as well.

·
Registered
2022 MDX Type S Advance 🐯
2 Posts
Hello!
New here, anyone have a pic/thoughts of using the OEM third row mat (for frequent walkthrough purposes- 4 kids and third row in constant use) and the Tux mats in the first and second row? Here’s my new mommy mobile for attention. 😉
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Referring to the TuxMats I ordered for my son's KJepp GC Limited, he didn't like them. I sent them back via FESEX which was part of the return process at Their Cost!! TuxMats had very responsive Customer Service. Fast, Easy, and Pleasant. I did see them and IMO, felt they were a bit "cheap" looking - Ballistic Nylon as one poster described. I will pass on them for my MDX. I will scout for a OEM All Weather Mat deal (best one I found is about $135 ). And also considering adding Splash Guards as well.
I have the OEM mats, including the cargo mat and I have found them quite adequate. They have high rims to keep snow and dirt contained and are stiff enough to retain their shape. Much better than many of the aftermarket brands. As for the splash guards, I also bought them and installed them myself. Its an easy DIY, but you will need a right angle screwdriver attachment for your drill as there is not much space between the tire and the mounting surface. I suppose you could lift the car with a jack to achieve ample space, but I already had a right angle attachment and I did not want to fuss with a jack.

·
Registered
15 Posts
anyone mind taking a picture of the middle center bench seat removed and put the little pieces of all season carpet pass throught the 3rd row? i wanna see how its will be like... ordered my a spec but in about 1-2 month ill get it

·
Registered
2022 MDX Type S Advance 🐯
2 Posts
Like this? This is the OEM third row mat all season (set).
Vehicle Motor vehicle Head restraint Automotive design Car seat cover

anyone mind taking a picture of the middle center bench seat removed and put the little pieces of all season carpet pass throught the 3rd row? i wanna see how its will be like... ordered my a spec but in about 1-2 month ill get it

41 - 60 of 81 Posts