Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
I have the OEM mats, which are ok. Only reason is that my dealer threw them in with the car. I bought WeatherTech for my 2002 MDX and thought they were poorly made. To thin and were not a great fit in the cargo area...I would not buy them again. Maxiliner makes a good product with high rims...Tuxmat looks like a quality product.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
And my OEM Cargo Tray slides around as well. Occasionally after taking the last items out of the back, if I don't remember to push it back it will have moved to partially cover the latch and the tailgate won't close.
Just curious, how does it slide around? Mine is fairly well anchored by the cutouts for the seatbelt straps.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
It slides front to back the width of the third row seat belt cutout almost every time something goes in or out of the cargo area. If I have something heavy or multiple sets of golf clubs, when I pull them out sometimes the cargo tray slides over the tailgate latch opening enough to cause the tailgate to rise and not close. Not a big deal, I just have to remember to push the tray back before closing the tailgate.
That's odd....mine does not move much at all even when my 95 lb German Shepherd jumps in and out of the cargo area. I suppose our experiences may not be comparable as I am not dragging anything out. Can't really imagine any mat holding tight while dragging heavy stuff in and out.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Referring to the TuxMats I ordered for my son's KJepp GC Limited, he didn't like them. I sent them back via FESEX which was part of the return process at Their Cost!! TuxMats had very responsive Customer Service. Fast, Easy, and Pleasant. I did see them and IMO, felt they were a bit "cheap" looking - Ballistic Nylon as one poster described. I will pass on them for my MDX. I will scout for a OEM All Weather Mat deal (best one I found is about $135 ). And also considering adding Splash Guards as well.
I have the OEM mats, including the cargo mat and I have found them quite adequate. They have high rims to keep snow and dirt contained and are stiff enough to retain their shape. Much better than many of the aftermarket brands. As for the splash guards, I also bought them and installed them myself. Its an easy DIY, but you will need a right angle screwdriver attachment for your drill as there is not much space between the tire and the mounting surface. I suppose you could lift the car with a jack to achieve ample space, but I already had a right angle attachment and I did not want to fuss with a jack.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Does anyone have experience with Smartliner? It appears to have the coverage over that rocker carpet but I am not sure if I should pull the trigger and order yet. Just haven't any experience with that company's product.
I had weather tech on order this morning and cancelled once I noticed their coverage over this area wasn't defined in their ad and then I found this post.
Not so sure the wife will like the TuxMat is the only reason I haven't gotten those.
Sure would have been nice if Acura didn't put a strip of carpet where every person drags their feet, what were they thinking?
I have had both Smartliner and Weathertech on prior vehicles and found them both to be of poor quality. In both cases, they were thin and did not last more than a couple of years.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts