Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apologies if this has been discussed recently. I’m new to the forum and getting a feel for it. I’m picking up my 2022 mdx soon and debating which all weather mats to get. Should I get the installed ones from the dealership for $370, or the weather tech floor liners for about $300 with tax and shipping? Open to other suggestions as well as far as what’s the best option. Thank you!

·
Registered
160 Posts
TuxMat if you can find them in stock. Far superior to the OEM or WeatherTech. Take a look here

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
I have the OEM mats, which are ok. Only reason is that my dealer threw them in with the car. I bought WeatherTech for my 2002 MDX and thought they were poorly made. To thin and were not a great fit in the cargo area...I would not buy them again. Maxiliner makes a good product with high rims...Tuxmat looks like a quality product.

·
Registered
2022 MDX A-Spec / 2022 TLX Advance
459 Posts
You should absolutely go to OEMAcuraParts.com, select the 2022 MDX Accessories banner at the top of the page and order them for a discount. You have to pay shipping, but you get close to a 30% discount and don’t have to pay tax. I’ve saved a few thousand dollars by ordering from there.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Aftermarket for first and second row. Oem for 3rd row (covers middle seat rails area if removed). Oem for cargo cover (folds in half depending on if 3rd row is down or up)
Good point about the third row and cargo mat. I have all 3 rows with TuxMat but will likely never take out the centre section so it works ok for me. If you are someone that’s using the third row a lot and removing the centre seat it would be good to have something that covers that area. I also have the OEM folding cargo tray.

I looked at pricing from OEMAcura parts as well but after shipping to Texas it was only a couple dollars cheaper than buying the cargo tray from my dealer. Their price was a few dollars les than listed on the Acura website.

·
Registered
2022 Acura MDX Advance, Majestic Black Pearl, Full Nose PPF, Clear Plex windshield, Ceramic Coated.
124 Posts
Speaking for carpet floormats, has anybody ever wonder why the rear passenger (2nd row) floormat locks are now towards the front? The whole purpose of the locks is so that the floormat will not slide forward.

The carpet floormat that came with the car has no studs underneath, it's just foam so it tends to slide. Do you gave have the same floormats? Or did I got a crappy floormats from the dealer? Mine doesn't have any embroidered (MDX logo) on anything.

·
Registered
2004 MDX, 2022 MDX
4,599 Posts
The carpet floormat that came with the car has no studs underneath, it's just foam so it tends to slide. Do you gave have the same floormats? Or did I got a crappy floormats from the dealer? Mine doesn't have any embroidered (MDX logo) on anything.
Those are the stock carpeted floormats that come with the car. No logo, fairly thin.

Acura makes three different sets of floormats for the 2022 MDX. The one you describe comes with the car, no charge.

They also sell a "Premium Carpet Floor Mat Set" for $230 with a metal logo, that looks like this:

And they sell "All Season Floor Mats" for $189, again with a metal logo, that look like this:

·
Registered
2004 MDX, 2022 MDX
4,599 Posts
Acura makes three different sets of floormats for the 2022 MDX.
And, of course, you don't have to limit yourself to ones sold by Acura. Just like with the all-weather mats that started this topic, there are numerous aftermarket companies that make carpet floor mats custom fitted for specific cars, including ours, and some of them are nicer than Acura's best. (Not to mention crappy "one size fits all" mats you can find in any auto parts store.) There are carpet mats with different prices and quality levels, and you can even get them made with an Acura logo. Manufacturers include Lloyd, ACC, and Avery's, each of which offers half a dozen different levels of carpeting, each in a variety of colors.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You should absolutely go to OEMAcuraParts.com, select the 2022 MDX Accessories banner at the top of the page and order them for a discount. You have to pay shipping, but you get close to a 30% discount and don’t have to pay tax. I’ve saved a few thousand dollars by ordering from there.
Thank you! I think I’m going to do this as they come out to about $100 less than from the dealership. And these are the same mats that the dealership would sell me with the car?

·
Registered
2022 MDX A-Spec / 2022 TLX Advance
459 Posts
Thank you! I think I’m going to do this as they come out to about $100 less than from the dealership. And these are the same mats that the dealership would sell me with the car?
Yes, they are true OEM parts. They operate under a high volume business model, so they can take less margin on it (about 30% less) and still make plenty of money to sustain themselves. They’re probably making about 15% on the parts.

When it arrives at your home it’ll be in Honda packaging (all Acura parts are tagged with Honda packaging) and you’ll have saved yourself a chunk of change on a part the dealership would up-charge you 30% and then happily charge you to install them

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes, they are true OEM parts. They operate under a high volume business model, so they can take less margin on it (about 30% less) and still make plenty of money to sustain themselves. They’re probably making about 15% on the parts.

When it arrives at your home it’ll be in Honda packaging (all Acura parts are tagged with Honda packaging) and you’ll have saved yourself a chunk of change on a part the dealership would up-charge you 30% and then happily charge you to install them
Awesome, thank you!

·
Super Moderator
2,281 Posts
You could also talk to the part department at your dealer, sometimes they are willing to give some discount, which end up similar to online dealer purchase.

·
Registered
1 Posts
After many different aftermarket floormats, I found the 3D Maxpider to be the best out there. They are not slippery, don't discolor, fit perfectly, easy to clean and wear better than rubber, carpet or plastic type I've had.

·
Registered
32 Posts
TuxMat if you can find them in stock. Far superior to the OEM or WeatherTech. Take a look here

This. They are great and have really good coverage. Look good, clean easy, and are way nicer than my weather tech in our odyssey

·
Registered
356 Posts
After many different aftermarket floormats, I found the 3D Maxpider to be the best out there. They are not slippery, don't discolor, fit perfectly, easy to clean and wear better than rubber, carpet or plastic type I've had.

I have these for my 2014 Accord and like them a lot. Didn't know they made for 2022 MDX but that is great news and I will likely get them if I end up getting an MDX

EDIT - I just looked at the link and they only show up to 2020 for Acura MDX.....bummer.....maybe still being designed

·
Registered
14 Posts
I had Tuxmats on our previous car. Fantastic, but they are out of stock for the MDX.

I got the weathertechs two days ago. Better then the OEMs, but very much overhyped. Not enough coverage, thin, flimsy. But I did not find anything else available.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have the factory all weather mats, they seem to be just fine in the first and second rows but I had to take out the rear cargo one because my bowling bags (on wheels, 3 balls in there) are rolling and sliding all over the place and banging in to everything. They stay more in place while on the carpeting. Plus, there is no way to secure the cargo mat so it moves around, tried to velcro it but it didn't work real good.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts