Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Acura MDX Advance
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like others, the car's wireless charging pad isn't working for my iPhone 12 Pro Max - charges for a few seconds then disconnects. Service dept says it is a known issue and that Acura is working on a fix. Also, my Infotainment system stopped coming up on day 3. Just a black screen, though the cameras still show up. Unable to listen to music or use navigation / Carplay / bluetooth etc. Other issue is I'm getting a vibration noise from the right front passenger door when I play music - even when it's not that loud. Sounds like something needs to be tightened. It is only happening in that door. I dropped off the car this morning with Chevy Chase Acura in Bethesda, MD. Got a loaner. Hoping for a quick resolution...

·
Registered
2 Posts
SMH. I’m planning to get a Type S from this dealership once they’re ready. I’m curious how this goes for you and look forward to hearing more. Good luck with everything.

Like others, the car's wireless charging pad isn't working for my iPhone 12 Pro Max - charges for a few seconds then disconnects. Service dept says it is a known issue and that Acura is working on a fix. Also, my Infotainment system stopped coming up on day 3. Just a black screen, though the cameras still show up. Unable to listen to music or use navigation / Carplay / bluetooth etc. Other issue is I'm getting a vibration noise from the right front passenger door when I play music - even when it's not that loud. Sounds like something needs to be tightened. It is only happening in that door. I dropped off the car this morning with Chevy Chase Acura in Bethesda, MD. Got a loaner. Hoping for a quick resolution...

·
Registered
2022 Acura MDX Advance
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What sucks is I traded in my 2020 RDX Advance for this car - so I wouldnt have problems any longer! The RDX's Infotainment system would constantly crash while using CarPlay, I had glitchy audio with music and directions, they had to replace the transmission on it due to "thumping" when changing gears ... all with less than 16k miles! Hoping these issues with the MDX are fixed quickly and never return.....

·
Registered
15 Posts
was your phone connected via wire when the infotainment issue occurred?

I had issue with the audio function freezing when I connect android auto via cable so I only use wireless connect now.

good luck.

·
Registered
2022 Acura MDX Advance
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
In the MDX my phone was connected to wireless Carplay and did so each time I got into the car, except for when the screen started to be black and the Infotainment software would never come up. In the RDX it was always a wired connection when the CarPlay would crash - I didnt have wireless CarPlay in that car. I ended up using Bluetooth most of the time because of the issues

·
Registered
974 Posts
Well that'sunsettling and annoying.

·
Registered
149 Posts
What sucks is I traded in my 2020 RDX Advance for this car - so I wouldnt have problems any longer! The RDX's Infotainment system would constantly crash while using CarPlay, I had glitchy audio with music and directions, they had to replace the transmission on it due to "thumping" when changing gears ... all with less than 16k miles! Hoping these issues with the MDX are fixed quickly and never return.....

I have the thumping when the transmission is shifting, like when you are coasting to a stop sign but not coming to a complete stop and giving it gas, it thumps. This also occurs more-so in traffic. Just a datapoint.

·
Registered
96 Posts
For anyone having issues with the wireless charging pad, go to you iPhones settings then battery then battery health and turn off optimized battery charging. Your wireless charging pad should work properly after this change is made.
This fix applies to andriod users also, well at least turn it off for andriod auto app, you don't have to completely disable it for everything. Had same issue at first.

·
Registered
2022 Acura MDX Advance
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Got the car back already and apparently they did a software fix so my charging pad will work with my iPhone 12 Pro Max .... won't be able to test until later. I'm pretty skeptical! On the Infotainment black screen issue, they said they talked to Acura corporate tech dept and they had them "do a few things" and now it is working again.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
On the Infotainment black screen issue, they said they talked to Acura corporate tech dept and they had them "do a few things" and now it is working again.
Unless one of those things was a software update for the infotainment, I wouldn't have much faith that the root issue is fixed. You might want to ask them to tell you what they did so you can do the same thing if you get hit with it again - like, turn it off, wait 1 minute, turn around counter-clockwise 3 times while patting your head, then power it back on. If they did some procedure that you could replicate via the resets, etc. then you at least can restore it if it hits again.

The infotainment in my 2014 (completely different than the one in yours) black screened several times early on but after a couple of software updates were performed to it (it doesn't have over the air updates on the 2014) it resolved the highly intermittent black screens - which was very clearly just a software bug.

These are still early times on the 2022 MDX infotainment so I wouldn't be surprised if there are a handful of lingering software bugs still in it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
This fix applies to andriod users also, well at least turn it off for andriod auto app, you don't have to completely disable it for everything. Had same issue at first.
I'm having issues with the wireless charging on my Pixel 4XL. How do you disable adaptive charging just for AA?

·
Registered
MDX 22
1 Posts
Got the car back already and apparently they did a software fix so my charging pad will work with my iPhone 12 Pro Max .... won't be able to test until later. I'm pretty skeptical! On the Infotainment black screen issue, they said they talked to Acura corporate tech dept and they had them "do a few things" and now it is working again.
Any luck with the wireless?

·
Super Moderator
224 Posts
Ugh. I have been so enamored with the RDXs I’ve been given as loaners during the days and weeks my MDX has been in the shop, I was seriously thinking that might be my next vehicle. Sounds like I would be leaping out of the frying pan and into the fryer.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I use Android Auto which IMO is inferior to Apple Car play. I used to have an IPhone, but no longer. The Beast369, I can't seem to this battery feature on Android Auto or in battery settings. But, my Google Pixel 4XL seems to work fine , charging on the wireless charging pad. I have another question: How do I disengage Android Auto which starts up each time I start the car? Is there a way to go to the Default system of the Car w/o having to switch to it each time? And then If I want Android Auto, just select it from the InfoT screen? THX for your info.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Found it and changed to Unrestricted battery use in AA. Haven't tested it yet, though.
I have the same phone. But I haven't detected wireless charging problems while using AA?. Does the phone charge wirelessly while in NON AA ? In which menu did you find the Unrestricted Battery Use in AA?

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have the same phone. But I haven't detected wireless charging problems while using AA?. Does the phone charge wirelessly while in NON AA ? In which menu did you find the Unrestricted Battery Use in AA?
On samsung, go to settings >apps >aa app > battery > make sure optimized battery toggle is off.

Also phone will wireless charge even if not connected to car. In terms of it auto connecting, I didn't see a setting in info screen in mdx. Turn off wifi I guess and don't let AA control it or will turn it on automatically if it senses it is connected to the Mdx via Bluetooth.

In my mdx, aa auto connects but it doesn't automatically display on screen on first startup. The mdx seems to just display and play music from last source before it was turned off. Eg if had xm up, it will still have that up when I restart the car.

·
Registered
66 Posts
On samsung, go to settings >apps >aa app > battery > make sure optimized battery toggle is off.

Also phone will wireless charge even if not connected to car. In terms of it auto connecting, I didn't see a setting in info screen in mdx. Turn off wifi I guess and don't let AA control it or will turn it on automatically if it senses it is connected to the Mdx via Bluetooth.

In my mdx, aa auto connects but it doesn't automatically display on screen on first startup. The mdx seems to just display and play music from last source before it was turned off. Eg if had xm up, it will still have that up when I restart the car.
Yepper, same with me. When I start the car, AA is connected automatically due to the wireless feature. Then the last radio station : (streaming - TIDAL, etc.) comes on. I just learned how to Silent the connections sounds on the phone. Everytime I start it, it beeps a number of times , 1X for each connection, if I'm explaining myself correctly: Beeps at Wireless connectioin, Beeps at wireless charging, etc... I had a iPhone when I was working (retired with some disabilities in May of this year), which I used in place of my personal phone - the Google Pixel 4XL. Apple Car play is a better program IMO. But like almost any competitor product, there are Pros and Cons to each. Overall, I would say, that I prefer the Google Pixel 4XL over the iPhone I had (6S). But if measured against the 11 or now the new 12, the opinion could differ.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts