Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my advance for a little over 2 months and absolutely love it, except the infotainment is very buggy. Has anyone else experienced this?

The issues seem to be much worse when it is cold out (below 50 F), load times can be upwards of 30 seconds when I first start the car. I often get error messages or satellite radio stops in mid play or won't change channels etc. The only way to fix is to reboot the system, which means pulling over and restarting the car. I attached done example that has been happening lately.

Does anyone know how I can relay these messages to Acura so they can work on software fix? The dealer seems fairly useless in this regards. They sell/make so few Advance models they don't seem to know what to do about it or really care that much.

Infotainment error.jpeg

·
Registered
26 Posts
I owned my car almost two months. I live in Nevada and it is below 40 F most of the time. Just recently it got a little bit warmer, and on some day we are around 25F. I have never experienced any problems related to the SXM radio. Using the free trial everyday lol. As for the boot time, yeah it is a bit slow. Hopefully Acura will improve in the update.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I owned my car almost two months. I live in Nevada and it is below 40 F most of the time. Just recently it got a little bit warmer, and on some day we are around 25F. I have never experienced any problems related to the SXM radio. Using the free trial everyday lol. As for the boot time, yeah it is a bit slow. Hopefully Acura will improve in the update.
Thanks, I guess its a one off issue for me. I was really hoping it was a software fix!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I did have a weird warbling noise from the speakers on a cold day in Santa Fe out of the blue! No matter how many times I turned it off and on... it would go away. However, the next day it was all absolutely fine and has never happened again

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've had my advance for a little over 2 months and absolutely love it, except the infotainment is very buggy. Has anyone else experienced this?

The issues seem to be much worse when it is cold out (below 50 F), load times can be upwards of 30 seconds when I first start the car. I often get error messages or satellite radio stops in mid play or won't change channels etc. The only way to fix is to reboot the system, which means pulling over and restarting the car. I attached done example that has been happening lately.

Does anyone know how I can relay these messages to Acura so they can work on software fix? The dealer seems fairly useless in this regards. They sell/make so few Advance models they don't seem to know what to do about it or really care that much.

View attachment 117005
I had the same prob

View attachment 117005
i had the same error message. I also couldn’t use the keyboard when entering the password for the iPhone hot spot.
My dealer replaced the Infotainment system to correct the problems. I’m now having problems with Alexa working.

·
Registered
10 Posts

View attachment 117005
3C0D8221-D7A1-442C-8D7F-CD04DCB0923F.jpeg Had this error message also

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yes, I've had a 2022 A-Spec up here in Canada for a few months and I've had pretty much the same error with my SiriusXM a few times. Just this weekend while driving driving up to a curb side pickup I pressed the radio on/off button that's near the cup holders since I needed to speak to someone (window down). I didn't turn off the car just put it in park while loading the car. When I pressed it again to get the radio to play it brought up this error. Thankfully every time it's done this, I've been able to use the track pad and make the circle pointer move to the OK button and once I press it then things go back to working correctly. Not bad for a 65K SUV. :) hahaha.

I'm hoping this is just "early owners" problems and that Acura will have a bug fix patch eventually.

·
Registered
2022 MDX Advance Pkg
44 Posts
I’ve had the same screen about SirusXM would not load on my 2022 Advance. Dealer had never seen this before either. Their first thought was that I wasn’t getting a clear shot of the sky so it could pickup Satellite.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a '22 MDX Tech Package in Florida, I haven't had any errors appear on the screen but occasionally the radio just stops playing. Usually happens right after the vehicle is started up, I hear music for a second or so then silence, the screen looks fine and I can navigate thru the menu. The only way to get sound playing again is to change the audio source from FM to Sirius or vice versa and then the sound comes back. I suspect it is related somehow to Apple CarPlay but I haven't got as far as disabling that to troubleshoot it yet.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts