Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Acura MDX A-Spec
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Made some subtle but impactful changes to the rear of the A-Spec:

1. Removed the black film from under the Acura logo and had the logo painted gloss black
2. Replace the A-Spec badge with black version
3. Removed the SH-AWD and MDX lettering (I think it looks cleaner plus I love that it kinda throws people off to what it is)
4. Painted the exhaust diffusers gloss black

Very happy with the look...more photos to come.
Automotive tail & brake light Car Land vehicle Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

·
Registered
2022 MDX A-Spec / 2022 TLX Advance
459 Posts
Very nice. I‘ve thought about the exhaust pipes myself, so I’m interested to know how that’ll hold up over time. I also almost removed the black film from underneath the A-Mark badge, but ended up keeping.

Yours looks super clean. Well done.

·
Registered
2009 MDX Bali Blue, 2022 MDX Type S Advance on order
44 Posts
I like it. I took the SH-AWD and the ACURA letters off my 2009 and never regretted it. I left the A and the MDX, but regularly thought I should have moved the MDX as well. I'll definitely be debadging to some degree whenever the Type S finally gets here.

·
Registered
2022 Acura MDX A-Spec
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How hard was it to remove the logo to paint and the film underneath it? Did you break a clip?
It was pretty easy, just has two alignment pins in the back, I would order some of these....
Orange Office supplies Font Tool Peach

they are only $7 and they work like a charm. The film underneath is just like Black PPF so it comes right off.

·
Registered
2022 Acura MDX A-Spec
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Great idea…my rig needs less badges.

Where did you buy the Aspec badge?
Ebay

Did you do the side Aspex badges too?
Yes removed those, never like them there, I think they take away from body lines....
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

·
Registered
2022 Acura MDX A-Spec
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Very nice. I‘ve thought about the exhaust pipes myself, so I’m interested to know how that’ll hold up over time. I also almost removed the black film from underneath the A-Mark badge, but ended up keeping.

Yours looks super clean. Well done.
So I did the exhaust tips like 4 weeks ago, I used 2-3 coats of gloss plasti-dip; I check the diffusers after several long drives before I did them. They really don't get hot at all because they are not real tips. So haven't so much as a chip, they look 100% like they did when I did them, they have been through the carwash over 15 times and I have been very surprised at how well they have held up...

·
Registered
459 Posts
So I did the exhaust tips like 4 weeks ago, I used 2-3 coats of gloss plasti-dip; I check the diffusers after several long drives before I did them. They really don't get hot at all because they are not real tips. So haven't so much as a chip, they look 100% like they did when I did them, they have been through the carwash over 15 times and I have been very surprised at how well they have held up...
great to know. Thanks for that information!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Cleanest MDX I’ve seen in a long time!! Love it. Definitely considering the front and rear aero pieces for my Type S. Does anyone know if the front spoiler fits the Type S?

·
Registered
459 Posts
Cleanest MDX I’ve seen in a long time!! Love it. Definitely considering the front and rear aero pieces for my Type S. Does anyone know if the front spoiler fits the Type S?

So I saw this on my Instagram, but I don’t know if there was custom fabrication/mounting that took place to get it to mount. Obviously quite a bit of custom work done to this Type S, so they very much could have conducted custom work on getting the lip mounted.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Grille
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle
Car Land vehicle Vehicle Grille Wheel

·
Registered
2022 Acura MDX A-Spec
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Did you remove the exhaust tips to paint them with the plastidip?
Nope, used plastic and masking tape, did it in my garage....it was super easy and came out like they came from the factory that way.

Also, your front badge looks smoked, did you put tint over that? Yep, put PPF on it, came out nice...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2022 Acura MDX A-Spec
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I took a few close ups of the painted tips, they have held up very well over the month and half since I've done them because the diffusers themselves don't get hot and that's the only thing that will mess up plasti-dip. If/when you do it, paint the inside of the diffuser as well that way there is one complete coat over the whole thing. The cool thing is if you don't like it you can always just peel it off :).

Most of what you see is pollen as it's really bad right now...they actually look better than the photos....

Car Vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Grille

Automotive tire Vehicle Bumper Automotive exterior Rim

Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Car Vehicle Grille

Reactions: SoCalSk8r
1 - 16 of 16 Posts