Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2022 mdx very nice but skewed towards luxury even in the sportiest settings. Overly luxurious for SUV. Steering feel too light in every setting lacks feel. Brake pedal soft and concerning in harder stops, feels like vehicle won’t stop in time. Steering ratio slightly faster much slower ratio then RDX and TLX. Hood and belt line elevated in a way that makes vehicle feel larger. Feels hefty. Drivetrain feels like ecomy car. Very low first gear than rushes thru 2nd, 3rd, 4th gear.
Although luxurious can’t hold a candle to my 2018 sport hybrid Which has much superior driving dynamics and power plus double clutch tranny. Acura marketing presents a sportier vehicle. It’s not!
Acura crafted a luxury vehicle with pseudo sporting features. I know I have owned most of their vehicles starting with 1992 Legend. They dropped the ball with the 2022 MDX if you want sporty. Drive the Mazda CX 5 or 9 back to back with the 2022 MDX and you will get out of the Acura disappointed if you want sport and smiling with either Mazda!

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
It might take the Type-S with air suspension, upgraded brakes, and 3.0T to get the most out of the +22 MDX updated design. I wish Acura would offer a luxury MDX and sport MDX instead of the middle of the road version. They already have the A-Spec MDX and just need to add back the electronic dampers, up hp/tq to 310/272 RLX levels, larger brakes with sporty calipers, and Sport+ mode that makes it more rear bias.

It seems Lexus is the big seller for luxury SUVs and then followed by Caddy, Lincoln, Acura, and Jag. Don't see a lot of MB, BMW, or Audi SUVs other than the smallest size ones. I actually see waaaay more pick-up truck that are $50,000-$75,000 being used as daily driver vehicles than all the other luxury SUVs combined. Acura could turn the Honda Ridgeline into an Acura pick-up version and that would sell out here.

·
Registered
2017 Acura MDX Tech FWD
878 Posts
How about the current Gen RX 350? Is the 2022 MDX better than that?
Its about the same as the current gen. From what I've seen in pictures of the 22 MDX.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts