Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I patiently waited for the 2022 to debut this Feb. Test drove on the second day it was at the dealer. Loved it but not enough to buy on the spot (this will be my third MDX). Decided to wait for the Jeep Grand Cherokee L to come out (any day now) with its third row so I can do a comparison (although I know in my head and my heart there will be NO comparison).

At any rate - two things I do not like about the 2022 MDX are (1) the hard plastic shell on the back of the seats (I know they are to protect the seats but I've had 2 MDX, both with leather seats, and we have 3 kids and the seats are just fine), and (2) the shiny black interior on the dash (particularly in front of the passenger seat) and the titanium panels that are on the doors. Can anyone give me any input if these panels are easily scratched? Seems to me they would very easily scratch if someone's keys or ring for example were to make contact. Thoughts?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I will look at it today and get a feel. I had to transport some bicycles the last two days so I might have a scratch or two to report. BTW I too was interested in the Jeep Grand Cherokee L, I owned two Jeep Cherokees back in the 90s and early 2000s, but found out from our local dealer that it will be no earlier than July before they come out. The Suez messed them up and the plants are down right now.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The plastic shell looks like it could scratch up but I do like the protection it gives. As far as the piano black dash it does dust up quickly but the panels are holding up great. Overall I think the panels and the shell are minor to the overall class and performance of the MDX.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I will look at it today and get a feel. I had to transport some bicycles the last two days so I might have a scratch or two to report. BTW I too was interested in the Jeep Grand Cherokee L, I owned two Jeep Cherokees back in the 90s and early 2000s, but found out from our local dealer that it will be no earlier than July before they come out. The Suez messed them up and the plants are down right now.
Such a bummer. Although Cars.com shows 6 for sale but none near me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts