Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

2022 in Performance Red Pearl?

7K views 24 replies 15 participants last post by  HH2O 
#1 · (Edited)
Do any of you have an MDX in Performance Red Pearl? I ordered Lunar Silver Metallic but the red is really calling my name. My MDX will be kept in a garage but I'm wondering how the red will age over time. I drove a loaner 2018 red TLX and didn't love the shade of red, but I think the new acura red is a different color. I don't like maroon, orangey-
red or pinky-red, but the 2022 Performance Red Pearl looks like a great shade!

#2 ·
I love the Performance Red Pearl; but, not the parchment interior. It would have to be Aspec MDX with ebony if I went for the Red Pearl. I was able to go for Brilliant Red Metallic w/ Ebony with my 18 RLX hybrid and love it (PPF the entire RLX in XPEL Ultimate to maintain and protect the shine).

Reactions: brian_tii
#3 ·
Do any of you have an MDX in Performance Red Pearl? I ordered Lunar Silver Metallic but the red is really calling my name. My MDX will be kept in a garage but I'm wondering how the red will age over time. I drove a loaner 2018 red tsx and didn't love the shade of red, but I think the new acura red is a different color. I don't like maroon, orangey-
red or pinky-red, but the 2022 Performance Red Pearl looks like a great shade!
I think its not too late to change the color of the vehicle. But beige is a PITA to keep clean, so you would need an ASPEC which will increase your price and budget. Also the TSX has been long discontinued since like 2014 (maybe earlier).

Reactions: kimdx
#6 ·
I have a 3rd gen (2019) Advance in Performance Red Pearl and it's been really good in terms of looking acceptable even when dirty in NH winters. I've had mine for a little over 2 years (and it was on the lot for about 9 months before that) - so at nearly 3 years the paint still looks pristine and is really sharp looking, especially in the sun. In terms of the parchment interior, I really prefer it to the greystone (I had the blue/greystone in my previous 17 MDX). It's really not that bad to keep clean (as others have stated), and is much cooler inside than the darker colors during the warmer months. Some have complained about blue jeans staining the seats, but I've not seen it in any of the parchment interiors I've had over the years. My wife has an '18 RLX with seacoast interior (almost white) and it's also held up very well in terms of interior cleanliness of the seats. So just a data point.

Wheel Tire Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Car

#7 ·
That is a beautiful car! I love the color so much!! Interesting that you guys haven't had trouble with clothing dye transfer on the light leather seats. Do you clean them super often or use protectant?

I have a 2012 MDX with light gray interior and the dye transfer was always an issue.

My husband loved the look of the parchment interior on the one we test drove.

That's good to hear that the red color looks nice even when dirty... I've been wondering about that and it's one of the reasons I chose silver.

#8 ·
Do any of you have an MDX in Performance Red Pearl? I ordered Lunar Silver Metallic but the red is really calling my name.
Don't acquiesce to the doldrums of the seas of gray/silver vehicles. If you want red get the red.

I think the pic Andysinnh posted looks great.

I actually skipped getting a 2nd gen because I didn't like any of their colors so I held out with my old vehicle longer knowing a 3rd gen was coming soon and probably would have some different colors. I then waited until a Fathom Blue MDX could be found and bought one of the first ones in southern California - everything else was gray/white/black (to me silver is just a variant of gray).

It's worth waiting for what you really want even if it's a few months if necessary. You'll pay plenty of money for the vehicle and will need to look at it every day for years so you may as well get what excites you more.

(Of course if someone likes gray/silver, that's what they should get - different people have different likes in this regard.)

#16 ·
I have that color. Love it. I was skeptical about the light interior but now that I have it, love the parchment. It is so much cooler in the summer than darker colors and hasn't been hard to keep clean. I have to park outside in the direct sun for hours a day in the summer at work and the car is so much cooler when I step inside than my older cars with darker leather.

#17 ·
Exterior Colors of any car is so Subjective, it's in the Eye of the Beholder, always was. I have had Parchment (Beige) and a Greystone (Gray) leather interiors on 2 previous Infinitis that I leased. Never experienced this "bleeding of dyes" mentioned here. My wife has a CRV with a parchment leather interior - never had a problem since 2016. My 2019 MDX Advance that I traded in on an early Lease termination deal for my new 2022 MDX Advance was in Canyon Bronz Metallic ( a Very Little seen color ) with the Espresso Interior. No problems at all. My new MDX is a F athom Blue Pearl with the Graystone Leather interior. Absolutely LOVE it !!! And I really don't like to use the term Love for Things... but in this case, I will say that after about 2 months of ownership (leased), and retired, I look forward to going out each day for an errand or two !!! Once I saw the FBP color in person (Birdonamission on Acurazine posted pics of his FBP), I was completely sold and the IMHO the Graystone leather interior blends best with the balance of the Interior. About keeping it clean.... I've had so many different color cars over the course my driving lifetime (70 YO), Sivers / and the Liquid Carbon would look better "dirtY' than the darker colors: Reds, Blacks, Blues... The White is the worst.
No Matter, Good Luck with your new MDX - it is a wonderful vehicle and still makes me feel like a 12 year old at XMAS, so far... All Novelties do wear off though.

#24 ·
I love both the red and blue exteriors, but I don't like the parchment interior at all....I wish they would make the red and blue with black interior.....but, oh well, I will take the Liquid Carbon Metallic with a black interior.....which I also like.

Reactions: brian_tii
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.