Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just listened to recent Alex live show. He thinks the redesign probably won't show up until 2022. Seems about right, since there have been recent articles about the new TLX coming in 2021. Oh well,...good deals on 2020.

·
Registered
540 Posts
I wouldn't doubt it either, with covid killing auto sales this year it wouldn't be a surprise if they decided to hold off on rolling out both the tlx and mdx redesign until next year.

There is no benefit to rolling them out this year when they won't sell many anyway and won't get the bump they saw with the rdx.

Probably would be a smart decision to use the extra time to really work on refining both tlx and mdx so when they do launch they won't have all the reliability problems the new rdx has had. Acura killed their brand reputation recently due to their bottom of the barrel reliability ratings

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
127 Posts
I wouldn't doubt it either, with covid killing auto sales this year it wouldn't be a surprise if they decided to hold off on rolling out both the tlx and mdx redesign until next year.

There is no benefit to rolling them out this year when they won't sell many anyway and won't get the bump they saw with the rdx.

Probably would be a smart decision to use the extra time to really work on refining both tlx and mdx so when they do launch they won't have all the reliability problems the new rdx has had. Acura killed their brand reputation recently due to their bottom of the barrel reliability ratings

covid is likely rasing cane with most 2021 models. Mfg have model changeover plans that are likely impacted. And the old models being shut down, but new may not be ready. I suspect we may see a delay in 2021 introductions, but with car sales slowing it may be a way for mfg to burn off existing inventory.

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Hopefully, everything from the mom & pop corner stores to international companies can recover from this global shutdown. I wonder what changes the auto industry will make to stay profitable in a post COVID-19 world? I just purchase Bosch 6029C HEPA cabin air filter, $20 ea, Amazon, for my vehicles (mostly because of allergies season).

·
Registered
540 Posts
There will be a lot of changes and not all companies will survive. With the financial hurt Nissan was in before sales falling off a cliff in this crisis it wouldn't be surprising if Nissan/Infiniti don't make it

·
Registered
127 Posts
Hopefully, everything from the mom & pop corner stores to international companies can recover from this global shutdown. I wonder what changes the auto industry will make to stay profitable in a post COVID-19 world? I just purchase Bosch 6029C HEPA cabin air filter, $20 ea, Amazon, for my vehicles (mostly because of allergies season).
on the bosh hepa filters. I've been using them for many years on my vehicles that have a cabin filter. They do seem to help during alergy season better than the factory filters. And the price is reasonable.

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
on the bosh hepa filters. I've been using them for many years on my vehicles that have a cabin filter. They do seem to help during alergy season better than the factory filters. And the price is reasonable.
Maybe for the post COVID-19 world, Acura could make the HEPA filter standard along with charcoal odor filter like some high priced luxury brands? They can even add an UV-C light near the cabin filter to kill anything that makes it pass the HEPA. Add touchless rear hatch standard on all SUV models. Acura could also make the most commonly touched surfaces like the seats, inside/outside door handles, steering wheels, and controls with materials that can be constantly sanitized without damaging the surfaces.

All that stuff probably won't help much; but, it could get Acura out front in sales if they are thinking about their customers first.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Maybe for the post COVID-19 world, Acura could make the HEPA filter standard along with charcoal odor filter like some high priced luxury brands? They can even add an UV-C light near the cabin filter to kill anything that makes it pass the HEPA. Add touchless rear hatch standard on all SUV models. Acura could also make the most commonly touched surfaces like the seats, inside/outside door handles, steering wheels, and controls with materials that can be constantly sanitized without damaging the surfaces.

All that stuff probably won't help much; but, it could get Acura out front in sales if they are thinking about their customers first.
two thing I would have liked in the Acura that I have in my other cars.
1) a REAL carbon cabin filter. 1" thick activated carbon..... Lasts for several years and even kills skunk odor
2) the REST mode in my cars. Turn off the car, hit the REST button. A small electric pump circulates water through the block and heater core coupled with the interior temp control and keeps the car interior at the set temp for up to 30 minutes. Come back out of a store on a cold day and the car interior is still 70 degrees. It does no circulate any water throught the radiator, just the block and heater core. And if the car gets to warm, like in the summer, the pump doesn't work, but the fan pulls outside air in and exhausts it through the car rear vents. Keeps the car from getting way hot on a summer day.

And yes, the "kick your foot to open the hatch" would be nice. Pilots have this on at least some models or it can be retrofit, I wonder if the honda retrofit kit would add this to the MDX? I suspect not, but would be nice if it could be added.
and add a wireless charging pad to replace the "coin holder" on the console.

·
Registered
302 Posts

I was thinking to trade my 2003 mdx for the 2021 new design. Now the new design may not be available until after 2021 or even beyond, i am planning to fix the worn out power steering pump in my 03 mdx which is making whinning noise and leaking slightly.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Since the 2021 will be a no show. We traded our 2017 for a 2020. Our salesperson of four MDXs told us that sales are through the roof, they are super busy.

So far the only thing we dont' like about the 2020 is the auto stop/start, its rough and unrefined. We just turn it off after it scares us with hesitation and vibration.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'm surprised your dealer is that busy. MDX sales for the month of April are about 50% less than April of 2019.
April 2020 MDX Sales 1725 units
April 2019 MDX Sales 3339 units
As of year to date MDX is down about 25% compared to 2019.

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
My local Acura dealership locked the sale floor doors and only the service and parts departments are there the few times I stopped by.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Since the 2021 will be a no show. We traded our 2017 for a 2020. Our salesperson of four MDXs told us that sales are through the roof, they are super busy.

So far the only thing we dont' like about the 2020 is the auto stop/start, its rough and unrefined. We just turn it off after it scares us with hesitation and vibration.
At the end of March I turned my leased 17 Advance in early on a lease of a 20 Advance. Your comment is interesting in that imo the idle stop on the 20 is much smoother than the idle stop on my 17. You might have it checked out at your first service.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Having been involved with product phase over many times in my life I suspect that the auto mfg and many other companies are in a pickle. They likely stopped orders for material for existing products before the Covid outbreak, and now are facing delays in starting new product introduction. That leaves them with a potential shortage of product untill the new one is ready for launch. So, my take is that if Acura was planning on a new model intro around the normal Sept time frame, it will happen but likely later in the year. In the meantime they will have limited ability to continue the current model production in quantities expected for normal sales. So dealers may have a limited supply of existing models. But the intro will happen, just when.

·
Registered
496 Posts
The buying process was done outside of my house and through the mail (documents). The salesperson brought the car for u to test drive and took ours with him. We did not like the one he initially brought, so the next day he brough another that my wife liked better. He said he was working late hours everyday.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts