Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Yup I had to get a clicking noise fixed from the tailgate when it was brand new.. they said they couldn’t hear it the first two time I went.

do you warm up your car? I do and the dealer told me not to.. so that I get higher mpg

when you are slowing down at a stop sign hear carefully and see if there is a hard rough clunk at 15 miles. Istarted getting this when I follower the dealers advise of not warning up the car last winter. Even after reprogramming the transmission it is still there. Not a good buy
You do realize what the mileage is when you warm the car up? 0,zero. How does that improve mileage? Also,are you going just by the computer? What about at fill ups? How long do you warm up the car? The only reason to warm up the car is for your COMFORT.

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Yup I had to get a clicking noise fixed from the tailgate when it was brand new.. they said they couldn’t hear it the first two time I went.

do you warm up your car? I do and the dealer told me not to.. so that I get higher mpg

when you are slowing down at a stop sign hear carefully and see if there is a hard rough clunk at 15 miles. Istarted getting this when I follower the dealers advise of not warning up the car last winter. Even after reprogramming the transmission it is still there. Not a good buy
You do realize what the mileage is when you warm the car up? 0,zero. How does that improve mileage? Also,are you going just by the computer? What about at fill ups? How long do you warm up the car? The only reason to warm up the car is for your COMFORT.

·
Registered
11 Posts
17 SH-AWD Tech. 43K miles. Just drove from TN to southern FL. Two people, suitcases and coolers. 75-80 mph all the way except a bunch of stop and go in downtown ATL. 1st tank was 28.9 mpg on 92 octane with outside temp between 40-60. 2nd tank (partial) was 28.4 on 89 mid grade with outside temp between 52-70. Cold in FL today. If the temp was around 80, probably would have hit 29 plus mpg. Everyday driving around the neighborhood in TN averages 23 mpg. Very happy with this mpg.
Anything under 24 mpg hwy would be a concern with a 3rd gen MDX, but so many things effect mileage. Temperature, type of gas, wind, tire pressure, weight in vehicle, driving habits, rain, etc. Driving to the upper Midwest last fall, I only got 24.5 hwy. Was going against a 15 mph headwind most of the way with temps in the 30-40 range.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I called the dealership and he said anything between 8-20 MPG is the norm for this car. So apparently it’s normal? Hopefully once it warms up I’ll get better mileage, super frustrating!!
I doubt warmer weather and summer blend is going to make that much of a difference. Maybe a few mile per gallon but not an additional 10 miles per gallon.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just curious to see what others have been getting... 90% city driving and only averaging 13.5 MPG. I had a Prius so I’m well aware of how to drive fuel efficiently- something doesn’t seem right considering the car is supposed to get 20 mpg city. I should preface by saying we purchased the car brand new. As soon as we got home we realized the apple car play wasn’t working. Had to go back and have them swap out the infotainment system. Next I noticed the engine idle wasn’t working either and they gave us a new a battery and the issue resolved. Should I wait til 5K miles and see where I’m at or go take the car back in? All suggestions welcome!
Is it a hybrid of regular? I have a 2017 MDX non hybrid. My wife is a bit of a lead foot and likes to keep it in Sport mode. Mostly city driving and she gets around 18 mpg. I have gotten as high as 28 on long flat highway stretches. I don't think really any big heavy vehicles like MDX will get good mileage, cylinder deactivation aside. I had a 2006 Honda Odyssey and got around the same, a little less on the highway because only a 5 speed not 8 speed transmission. Is yours AWD?

·
Registered
525 Posts
How hilly the terrain is will make a huge difference. If on the flat going 65 in warm weather I get close to 30 mpg. Once I start going up and down hills it drops down to 23 mpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

21 - 27 of 27 Posts