Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I just replaced the old 2008 MDX with a 2020 model. I am looking to add roof rails and cross bars to the new car. The prices are steep at the dealership. They want $585 for the rails and $261 for the cross bars. Has anyone installed any different aftermarket ones that are attractive or are we stuck with OEM stuff? I may have to find a good sale price. I figure someone here may have good input. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2018 MDX SH-AWD Tech package
687 Posts
Check the several online Acura parts stores for prices. Unless your planning to put skis or something up there to me their a waste

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
The 3rd Gen MDX OEM roof rails and cross bars don't have any adjustments. You can't slide them up/back like you can for the 07-13 MDXs.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi guys, I just replaced the old 2008 MDX with a 2020 model. I am looking to add roof rails and cross bars to the new car. The prices are steep at the dealership. They want $585 for the rails and $261 for the cross bars. Has anyone installed any different aftermarket ones that are attractive or are we stuck with OEM stuff? I may have to find a good sale price. I figure someone here may have good input. Thanks in advance.
FYI Owner-Installed Roof Rails - AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a 14" kayak that I will need to take to the lake next summer
The 3rd Gen MDX OEM roof rails and cross bars don't have any adjustments. You can't slide them up/back like you can for the 07-13 MDXs.
Thanks for the reply and information.
I just checked, that dealership went bankrupt and the new dealership there quoted me $585.

·
Registered
3 Posts

·
Registered
2020 MDX Hybrid Advance with Expresso Interior
29 Posts
I bought these Chrome Cross Bars on EBay and they are beautiful:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hi, I don't know where you are located, but I just removed the crossbars from my 2018 MDX that is going back to the dealer today. Other than a few little scratches on top from my Thule box, they are in great shape. Would sell them for $125 picked up in NJ or would ship if you would pay the shipping. I have pics if you are interested.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi, I don't know where you are located, but I just removed the crossbars from my 2018 MDX that is going back to the dealer today. Other than a few little scratches on top from my Thule box, they are in great shape. Would sell them for $125 picked up in NJ or would ship if you would pay the shipping. I have pics if you are interested.
I am in Texas. I have a new MDX. So I really want something without scratches.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Ok, not sure what shipping would be. The scratches are very light and face up, so from the sides and the ground they aren't noticeable.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Your cross bars still available for sale?

·
Registered
63 Posts

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
I bought my Acura rails/crossbars via the internet at a discount from an Acura dealer. I can't remember which one but it may have been oemacuraparts.com or another similar one. They're significantly discounted in comparison to just buying them through your local dealer - unless that dealer will price match. Check out the discount internet prices at a few of the Acura dealers who sell online at a discount.

I also installed them myself and posted a how-to on it on this site.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts