Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody, I just got my 2020 MDX Hybrid with Tech package. I really enjoy the smooth ride(well, a little bit different than non-hybrid car I drove before) and I am still trying to figure out all the settings I can have with it.

One thing I noticed is that in the dashboard MID, when rolling the controls on the wheel to switch between different displays, the "SH-AWD/Dynamic Mode" part is different from the manual. It only shows my current Dynamic Mode, but not showing torque distribution monitor. Is there any settings needed to enable that?

Thanks!

·
Registered
14 Posts
No, the Sport Hybrid does not show the torque distribution in the MID. However, you can view the Power Distribution Monitor by selecting the info screen. This will tell you where the the power is being driven from and when/how the battery is being charged. This will show you the EV/total drive status for the current drive as well.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Navi left, Power distribution right, and Compass in the M.I.D. are my go to settings on my hybrid.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Navi left, Power distribution right, and Compass in the M.I.D. are my go to settings on my hybrid.
I always have the Power Distribution Monitor on, and usually have my MID set to the fuel economy so I can gauge how I'm doing. I find myself hypermiling as much as I can when I'm not in the spirited drive mood. 😀

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
I always have the Power Distribution Monitor on, and usually have my MID set to the fuel economy so I can gauge how I'm doing. I find myself hypermiling as much as I can when I'm not in the spirited drive mood. 😀
I'm still in amazement on how much and how hard the hybrid powertrain works behind the scene when driving. You really can't appreciate the amount of computing power and engineering that went into the sport hybrid without the power distribution screen up. My 4500lbs MDX hybrid with more power and faster acceleration gets the same 25-27 combined mpgs as my 3300lbs 06 TSX. I will be the first in line to purchase another vehicle if Acura puts the sport hybrid powertrain in the RDX or TLX down the road.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm still in amazement on how much and how hard the hybrid powertrain works behind the scene when driving. You really can't appreciate the amount of computing power and engineering that went into the sport hybrid without the power distribution screen up. My 4500lbs MDX hybrid with more power and faster acceleration gets the same 25-27 combined mpgs as my 3300lbs 06 TSX. I will be the first in line to purchase another vehicle if Acura puts the sport hybrid powertrain in the RDX or TLX down the road.
I agree 100%. The fact that Acura only charges $1500 over the standard MDX for all the technologies they have in the Sport Hybrid makes this such a great bargain. I'll be in line with Mrgold35 when Acura releases the next gen MDX Sport Hybrid.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
One thing I just noticed today is, Normal Mode gave me the best fuel economy, while Comfort Mode gave me the most smooth acceleration. Sports Mode seems relay on its gas engine more and I don't really feel the sport... Haven't tried the sports+ mode yet.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
I always keep it in Sport mode because of tighter steering feel and stiffer electronic dampers. I wish the hybrid had a separate button for the electronic dampers like my 2nd Gen MDX Adv has. I would keep it in Normal with the stiffer suspension if that was an option.

My MPGs in Sport can range from 22 - 27.5 no matter if I'm city/hwy/combined depending on how hard I drive (about 24.5 mpg avg @8000 miles since purchase in March). That is still way better than my 11 MDX with 14-15 mpg in 100% city and up to 17-18 mpg combined on average (usually 19-22 mpg on hwy with my 11 MDX at 70-80 mph).

I've tried Sport+ a few times. Usually switch to Sport+ if I'm at a stop light and I need to make a faster than usual get away. Sport+ disables EV mode, no Auto Stop/Start, and starts the gas engine. The hybrid isn't as smooth transitioning from EV to gas in Comfort/Normal/Sport if accelerate too fast from a stop. Noticed Sport+ will drop down the gears and run at a higher rpm. Sport+ will also charge the battery to 100% in about 1-2 miles of driving because of the higher rpms.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts