Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I’ll be picking my 2020 A-Spec next week. I do have one concern that I disregarded to choose the A-Spec over the Tech Plus package (Canada). The Tech Plus has an AC outlet which the A-Spec does not.

Do the USB Ports provide sufficient charging or is it a slow charge and (noticeably) inferior to charging via an adaptor in an AC outlet?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
I have 2019 MDX (USA version) with 3 USB plugs in the center console (two USB only, one USB+Carplay). All the USB ports are 2.5 amp max if the device plugged into it needs that amount. My two 12v accessory plugs are 180w/15 amp if I need more power than the USB plugs can provide (one in center console below carplay USB plug and the other in the "not an ashtray" area). I don't know if the 12v plugs are 180 watts/15 amps "each" OR 180 watts/15 amps "total" if you use both at the same time?

The 2.5 amp USB has plenty of power to charge my old iPhone 6S+. I have a Mophie case you can USB or wireless charge and I use a wireless charging phone cup holder connected to one of the 2.5 amp USB plugs.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts