Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a 2019 MDX SH-AWS. It did not come with the remote start, but now I would like to get an app based remote start feature so I can use my mobile phone to start the car remotely. What are my best options at this time?

·
Registered
548 Posts
I think you need to add remote start first. It is available via some of the online Acura parts stores. Currey sells it for around 250 dollars.

·
Registered
10,544 Posts
Hi, I have a 2019 MDX SH-AWS. It did not come with the remote start, but now I would like to get an app based remote start feature so I can use my mobile phone to start the car remotely. What are my best options at this time?
Take a look at DroneMobile. It has an app that you can start from your mobile phone.

·
Registered
2,457 Posts

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
You get one or the other; but, not both with the RLX.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I Think Perdesi ment to say SH-AWD! I don't think a 2019 MDX comes with AWS. Anyway, it is too bad that the Acura remote start App doesn't work with the MDX, at least I can't find how? I have the Advance Package.

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
I Think Perdesi ment to say SH-AWD! I don't think a 2019 MDX comes with AWS. Anyway, it is too bad that the Acura remote start App doesn't work with the MDX, at least I can't find how? I have the Advance Package.
I hate it when Acura (and Honda) puts the latest and greatest features on lower models first. Like AcuraLink features like remote start and Amazon package feature only available for the +19 RLX; but not on the +19 flagship MDX SUV or RLX sedans. Even something simple like foot operated rear hatch for CR-V should be on the MDX. The only thing AcuraLink is good for on the MDX/RLX is inputting addresses on the go, unlocking the vehicle, and finding your vehicle location only when you are stopped for $249 per year. No Acuralink remote start for the current gen MDX or RLX.

Reactions: Almatti

·
Registered
34 Posts
I hate it when Acura (and Honda) puts the latest and greatest features on lower models first. Like AcuraLink features like remote start and Amazon package feature only available for the +19 RLX; but not on the +19 flagship MDX SUV or RLX sedans. Even something simple like foot operated rear hatch for CR-V should be on the MDX. The only thing AcuraLink is good for on the MDX/RLX is inputting addresses on the go, unlocking the vehicle, and finding your vehicle location only when you are stopped for $249 per year. No Acuralink remote start for the current gen MDX or RLX.
Agreed. But I found the same with Infiniti. I had 4 Infintis over the past 12 years. The last one was a fully loaded QX 60 , 2016. The remote start on their app was not applicable to my fully loaded car. But was on theur newer designed Q50 and Q60 sedans. I switched to the 2019 MDX in June 2019 upon the lease termination on the Infiniti. After over 6 months, I find that the Pros out weigh the Cons of the QX60. The MDX was a better value, and I like the MDX look much more, although the Infiniti is more luxurious. And the SH AWD appears to be a better AWD system. We should be getting our first snow here in Westchester county NY this weekend. I will drive the MDX to determine if that is true.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
I think it’s also good for calling 911 if you are in a crash. And finding out about an error message when you are on the go.

·
Registered
162 Posts
In my opinion $249 a year is lot of money for the limited functionality. Although there's still no remote start function, Automatic gives me 911 crash alert, engine diagnostics, maintenance reminders, mpg logging, location tracking, roadside assistance, and you can even have it pay toll roads for you (I haven't set this up because I don't use them). It's kinda gimmicky but also cool to ask my Alexa how much gas I have left and it can tell me. I paid $99 for it and I have 5 more months of the "premium" features (Alexa and location tracking) for free. After that it's $5 a month. I don't think I'll pay monthly after this because I still get everything else for free, but for those who want to $60 a year hurts a lot less than 250

Sorry for going off topic. Also I'm not affiliated with Automatic. I know there are countless other smart car devices that do similar stuff like Torque, CarMD, etc.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts