Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Previously, when I would turn on the engine in cold weather, the driver side seat heater automatically turns on (good). Then one day for no special reason, I activated the passenger side seat heat. Now, when I turn on the vehicle, both the driver and passenger side heat automatically come on (don't want). I only want the driver side to turn on. How can I make it so only the driver side seat heat comes on (the way it used to do)?

I have tried turning them off and saving the driver 1 info but that doesn't seem to affect the seat heat when I start the engine.

In the manual it says " When the power mode is turned on after it is turned off, the previous setting of front seat heaters and ventilators * are maintained." Even though it's in plain English, I'm kind of unsure what they mean or if this even applies to my situation. Any help is welcome.

TL;DR How can I make the MDX automatically turn on the driver's seat heat and leave the passenger seat heat off on engine start?

2019 MDX Tech

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Did you try to click on the "seat" icon on the touch screen, then select/click "auto"? (Instead of heat level)

·
Registered
16 Posts
My MDX has the settings turned to "auto" for the seat heating for both the driver and the passenger. However, the passenger seat heat only turns "on" if someone is detected in the seat. If no one's in the seat, it doesn't turn on automatically. Not sure if in your situation, there is a passenger in the seat when this happens or if this is happening with or without a passenger in it.

There are a couple of things I would check:
1. If there's no passenger in the seat when this happens, do you see a warning that says "Passenger airbag off"? If yes, the issue could be with the passenger side seatbelt clip. It is probably stuck in a position that makes your vehicle think there is a passenger in the seat.
2. Have you tried to hit the "Auto" button once or twice for the climate control and the seat heat to be switched to automatic mode?

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I have a 17 Advance. If I put seats on Auto and with the Comfort System on, I can remote start the car in cold weather, and when I get in, the steering wheel is warm, but the seat doesn't get warm until I sit in it, then I see the red lights go on. What I DON'T like about having the seats on Auto is that as the car interior warms up, the seat heat keeps lowering until it actually turns off. If you like the warmth in the Winter while you drive (like I do), you must override the Auto setting to turn on the seat heaters, then you're off the Auto setting.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts