Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my new 2019 MDX Hybrid Advance today (white w/ Espresso interior). I turned in my 2016 MDX Advance. Anything new I should know? The interface is slightly better. The car had great power. Does anyone else have the Hybrid? What's your mileage? Thanks!

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
I just picked up my new 2019 MDX Hybrid Advance today (white w/ Espresso interior). I turned in my 2016 MDX Advance. Anything new I should know? The interface is slightly better. The car had great power. Does anyone else have the Hybrid? What's your mileage? Thanks!
Welcome. There are plenty of people who have hybrids. Just do a search. You should love the car.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I ordered a 2019 MDX Hybrid Tech about a week ago. Hoping it comes in before the end of the calendar year! Same color as you - white with espresso interior. Still deciding on accessories. What did you get?

·
Registered
54 Posts
We picked up our 2019 Hybrid Tech in early Sept. Currently averaging 23.8 MPG, which is all city driving. (roof rails, body side moldings, bumper protector, fog lights.)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did not get any accessories. The Advance had the fog lights and heated steering wheel so we were all set. The color combination is fantastic. Its looks great.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
We picked up our 2019 Hybrid Tech in early Sept. Currently averaging 23.8 MPG, which is all city driving. (roof rails, body side moldings, bumper protector, fog lights.)
I’m surprised you are only averaging 23.8 mpg. Are you driving in Sport + mode?

·
Registered
54 Posts
I’m surprised you are only averaging 23.8 mpg. Are you driving in Sport + mode?

My driving routine is strictly city streets, stop & go. Taking the kids to two different neighborhood schools. Stop signs every couple blocks. I had the car once on the expressway since we bought it and that was coming home from the dealership. Things will be different in the summer. We usually drive down to Florida and do a lot more driving, but right now, that's it. To answer your question, because of my driving routine, it's pretty much in normal mode all the time.:frown2:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Andrew99:
Congrats on the 19. We were conflicted between the white/espresso and white/black and eventually chose the black interior with our 17 Hybrid Advance. Our mileage has been around the 21-22. My GF uses it as her daily driver and she will get the worst mileage out of any car you give to her(its not cuz she’s a lead foot either).

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
My driving routine is strictly city streets, stop & go. Taking the kids to two different neighborhood schools. Stop signs every couple blocks. I had the car once on the expressway since we bought it and that was coming home from the dealership. Things will be different in the summer. We usually drive down to Florida and do a lot more driving, but right now, that's it. To answer your question, because of my driving routine, it's pretty much in normal mode all the time.:frown2:
I wondered because when I am driving around town,my mileage goes way up because the engine rarely comes on. However,if you start out cold and are done before it really warms up,that’s a whole different story.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Excellent mileage here!

I have a 2017 Sport Hybrid Advance. I routinely have been getting 26-28 mpg, with only a slight difference city vs highway (city a little higher than highway because the hybrid battery is being used more).

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Even at 21-22 mpg city is really good compared to my 17-18 of my 11 3.7L MDX. It could be the hybrid battery might not be charged enough to give you longer an EV mode? On a normal city drive, my hybrid battery can range from 1/4 to 3/4 in 5-15 minutes.

It would be a nice feature for the 4th Gen MDX sh-sh-awd to have a plug-in option to top off the hybrid battery. I see a lot of empty prime parking spots for plug-in vehicles only around town.

·
Registered
608 Posts
My 19 3.5L Advance has been getting about 19-20 mpg in town recently now the weather has warmed up. On the flat highway (not hilly terrain) it jumps up to 27+ mpg (over 27 if going 55-65). Once you hit hilly terrain however it drops to 23-24 mpg as cylinders are all activated and it can't stay in overdrive, constantly dropping down gears for power to climb hills

·
Registered
61 Posts
8600 miles on my 2018 SHAWD Advance and average is 20.6 mpg in mixed city/highway driving. Bay area highways can be worse than city streets FWIW so I'd call the mix 65/35. On the couple of 400 + miles highway only trips it was around 26-27 mpg.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The way my 2018 Black-Copper Pearl MDX Hybrid Advanced color shifts with the ambient light (black to copperish black brown is stunning. Mileage is consistently in the 26-28 mpg range. Most distance it's gon on batteries is two miles.....not bad for a 5000 lb car and a shoe box fill of Lithium-ion flashlight batteries :)

Gary

·
Registered
2 Posts
The way my 2018 Black-Copper Pearl MDX Hybrid Advanced color shifts with the ambient light (black to copperish black brown is stunning. Mileage is consistently in the 26-28 mpg range. Most distance it's gone on batteries is two miles.....not bad for a 5000 lb car and a shoe box fill of Lithium-ion flashlight batteries :)

Gary

1 - 17 of 17 Posts