Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my car into the dealer after we bought it (came from the loaner fleet with 1K miles) to have the bumper touched up due to a small scratch. I asked to have the bumper replaced since I know matching the Pearl White is hard to do. I let service know to call me if Sales was going to just have the bumper repainted and not replaced. I never received a call before I picked up my car. When I arrived I found that they had just repainted the bumper and now you can tell there is a bit of a color difference. SALES came out and said it looked fine and that all NEW MDXs come from the factory with the bumper not being painted and when they arrive at the dealer, the MDX are sent for paint before hitting the lot for sale. Is this true, I would think not.

Well it is back at the dealer to have them try to repaint the rear bumper and make it match since it is a new car.Hope it turns out better than last time.

·
Registered
418 Posts
You do know that a "new" bumper would need to be painted to match as well, correct? Unfortunately it is always a battle to get an exact match to the factory paint. Personally I would not have screwed with a complete bumper paint over a small scratch. A small touch up spot would be much preferred to a mismatched bumper not to mention that repaint will never be as durable as the factory finish to the sand blasting that inevitably occurs with interstate driving. Next time either accept the car as is or insist on another car. In the 35 years I've been in and around the business this has never changed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts