Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any way to disable the auto stop switch so that I do not need to turn the feature off every time I start the car? It is a nice idea but I don’t like it and I would like to disable 5ge feature.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Likely you will need to do some wiring and add a relay to fix the problem. I know on my 07 Dodge Cummins I always had to turn on the EB. There was a pretty simple rewire to have it turn on at startup. Have you done a web search for doing it yet?

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Likely you will need to do some wiring and add a relay to fix the problem. I know on my 07 Dodge Cummins I always had to turn on the EB. There was a pretty simple rewire to have it turn on at startup. Have you done a web search for doing it yet?
Messing with the wiring would probably void the warranty.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I highly doubt that ACURA dealership would actually void warranty as they would have totally rebuilt the whole car with replacement parts before they stumbled across the harness with a popped out wire in this scenario. Certainly if one starts to jimmy relays and wires together to bypass i am sure if found they might have something to say! Better yet they should offer owners the option to disable this option permanently in the software. The only reason it is there is so they can grab the EPA emission credits which is bogus to begin with!

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
I highly doubt that ACURA dealership would actually void warranty as they would have totally rebuilt the whole car with replacement parts before they stumbled across the harness with a popped out wire in this scenario. Certainly if one starts to jimmy relays and wires together to bypass i am sure if found they might have something to say! Better yet they should offer owners the option to disable this option permanently in the software. The only reason it is there is for the EPA emission credits.
You’re right it is there for emissions and mileage. There is no way they are going to offer a authorized work around. Some cars can be turned off. My Bmw for example. However,Bmw must have more credits available.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am making a device that will turn the auto start/stop off when the vehicle is started. I’ve got a working prototype and I was thinking about making them but need to gauge interest in the device first

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
The hybrids don't have an Auto Stop/Start button. The ways to disable the Auto Stop/Start for the hybrid Acura's are:
  • select paddle shift manual mode
  • in Sport+ (MDX) or Sport (RLX) modes.
Unfortunately, you have to select Sport/Sport+ IDS settings everytime you start the vehicle. The Auto Stop/Start can be very smooth and almost invisible for the hybrid because of the electric motors and you are a conservative driver. It can be a little rough when engaging if you are more aggressive driver from a stop.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Unfortunately, you have to select Sport/Sport+ IDS settings everytime you start the vehicle. The Auto Stop/Start can be very smooth and almost invisible for the hybrid because of the electric motors and you are a conservative driver. It can be a little rough when engaging if you are more aggressive driver from a stop.
Is that specific to the hybrids? In my 3.5 I can set the IDS mode on startup to Comfort, Normal, Sport, or Last Used

·
Registered
152 Posts
Is that specific to the hybrids? In my 3.5 I can set the IDS mode on startup to Comfort, Normal, Sport, or Last Used
the hybrid mdx also has sport+ mode. you can select "last used" but if sport+ was the last used it will start up in sport IIRC.
We have ours set to start in sport.
if you want no autostop, IIRC when you select drive, hit the drive button again to go into paddle shifter mode and I think autostop is disabled.

·
Registered
492 Posts
I just consider the MDX has two start buttons. I have a cap on fixing my first world problems and the auto start/stop button is within the boundaries of things I can deal with.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts