Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got drive out price over the phone for the 2019 MDX FWD Base of 44,500K (drive out, Houston , TX)
Can you please let me know if this is a good deal?
Planning to get it this on saturday.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Go on over to truecar.com, enter your zip code and auto description and you will be presented with a graph of what others in your area have paid for that car. They do mislead a little as they list the "average" as the numerical mean, which owing to a price floor but charging some suckers above MSRP is higher than what the median buyer pays. Around here your price is almost exactly the average (mean) price so a bit above the median. Again, here, you could use Truecar and get the car for about $43.7k, so that is an easy $800 saved. There is more competition there I believe so the prices are likely a little lower. I recommend to use the Costco Auto plan, which will get a similar price and without all of the add-ons the dealers use to drive profits up. Edit: I am just talking about the car price, not taxes or licensing and registration. Out-the-door price should include those as well so just make sure you are not comparing apples and oranges.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Got drive out price over the phone for the 2019 MDX FWD Base of 44,500K (drive out, Houston , TX)
Can you please let me know if this is a good deal?
Planning to get it this on saturday.
I'm in new york where we have zero FWD avail. That being said you can get an AWD Tech here for that price so i would say they have not even gone negative on that deal. probably not even into holdback. Do what our customers do, lie and tell them another dealer gave you $40k lol then you'll get a real price from them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts