Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I owned 2016 MDX Advance and just got into 2019 Advance with Entertainment. I was looking for a luxury 3 row SUV from any brand but Acura and ended up in another MDX ? So far I have been pleasantly surprised. Even though from the first glance everything looks almost identical to 2016 model, there are a lot of improvements -- from aestetics to technology to performance. I noticed that the car drives noticeably smoother. Interior received several upgrades, like real wood trim, 4-way lumbar, included heated steering wheel, windshield warmer, brake hold feature. I also noticed that "autonomous" driving can work for a much longer period without requesting driver to touch the steering wheel. Today the car was driving itself for about 20 minutes without any driver engagement. On my 2016 MDX I had to touch the wheel every couple of minutes. Infotaiment still has redicilous two-screen setup but the system is faster, lower screen has been modernized, large navigation knob now feels more sturdy. Android Car Play is working very well and makes a huge improvement. On external styling I noticed that Advance model now has body-colored rear bumper, which was black plastic in 2016. I got Entertainment model mostly to get bench configuration of the second row. The system seems to be even more outdated than two-screen infotaiment design. It seems that nothing changed there for ages. Luckily, I was able to hook up Chromecast via HDMI and hotspot on my phone and it's working very well. Otherwise it looks like only other option for videos would be DVDs (not Blue Ray) and super old AV connectors -- why is it there anyway (why not add 2nd HDMI instead?!).

I hope somebody could answer my question about entertainment system: can it play videos from USB or files stored on a DVD (not a studio DVD with menus, etc)? If it can play video files, what formats does it support? Thank you.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hey, I have a 16 also and can only get less than a minute without LKAS lane assist giving me notice to grab the wheel.. if you can do 20 minutes I would never get any updates on your 19 MDX.. Are you sure you’re not in your Tesla model X and posted on wrong forum? Lol..

·
Registered
603 Posts
20 minutes with no intervention sounds either like a defect or a slight case of embellishment possibly.

I bought a 19 MDX AWD Advance with Entertainment last week and I can't go more than a few minutes without touching the wheel. Besides I don't trust it enough even if it did as while it can take subtle corners on the freeway it can't take sharp corners.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's definitely 2019 MDX, not a Tesla :) I was very surprised myself, it felt very unnatural after experience with 2016. I think the system got smarter and considers surroundings better. I was driving on an almost empty highway with well marked lanes during the day.
I had more time with the car now and noticed that when there are more cars around, system asks me to touch the wheel much more often.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I can only go about a minute before it flashes and then stops tracking. If I keep a hand on the wheel it'll track without much help from me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts