Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just pick up a brand new 2019 base modelwith 30 miles ,that had parking sensor preinstalled on the front and back bumper,
I know the base model don't come with them installed. Not sure why mine had them, even the sale man don't know why
But inside i don't see the switch for it, I wonder if maybe my parking sensor was installed and just missing a switch. Has anyone seen
this happen before, there was allso one other base model on the lot that had parking sensor on them also, Factory ran out of regular bumper and
used the Advance package Bumpers to finish off my car.

·
Registered
46 Posts
The button, if there is one, is on the lower left side of the dash next to the parking button. Why they have 2 buttons marked with a 'P' (parking brake, parking sensors) is not smart

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
This is from the manual of tech model. See if you see that on your mdx.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
I just pick up a brand new 2019 base modelwith 30 miles ,that had parking sensor preinstalled on the front and back bumper,
I know the base model don't come with them installed. Not sure why mine had them, even the sale man don't know why
But inside i don't see the switch for it, I wonder if maybe my parking sensor was installed and just missing a switch. Has anyone seen
this happen before, there was allso one other base model on the lot that had parking sensor on them also, Factory ran out of regular bumper and
used the Advance package Bumpers to finish off my car.
Do the sensors work? When I had rear sensors installed on my 14,the only switch was on the speaker in the rear. It was just a volume switch. No on or off.
How much did they charge for them? There is usually an add on sheet where they list dealer installed options. I don’t think they ran out of Base bumpers. Especially since the advance front end is not like the base at all.

·
Registered
588 Posts
I drove a 19 TLX aspect before, I am 100% sure there is a button where you can turn on/off of the sensor, it's sitting in the same session as the LDW button, just like the diagram you see above.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
I drove a 19 TLX aspect before, I am 100% sure there is a button where you can turn on/off of the sensor, it's sitting in the same session as the LDW button, just like the diagram you see above.
If its factory. Who knows when dealer installed.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Not an advance rear bumper. I assume it works. Is there any visual display for the parking sensors?. It’s probably dealer installed. I suspect that when it was the current model year that there was a charge for it. You got a deal.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not an advance rear bumper. I assume it works. Is there any visual display for the parking sensors?. It’s probably dealer installed. I suspect that when it was the current model year that there was a charge for it. You got a deal.
That is what strange about it, It don't have a switch for it, and it don't work... no visual display. The dealer said they never installed it. The car had 12 mile on it when i took the car in the morning,I was busy so they let me take it all day, I didn't come back until later that night to finish up the paper work, by then it was 30miles on the car when we finished up.and they had it clean, all the trims still had plastic film protection on them at that point..
I was wondering if I just need to buy the $30 switch and maybe plug it in to a preinstalled harness, something simple like that, or maybe missing a $40 Controller unit like this
08V67-TZ5-1M001 Product Image

·
Registered
269 Posts
If parking sensors are working the button should be lit up when you press it .
If it’s not then they are not installed . I don’t see P button in your pic

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
That is what strange about it, It don't have a switch for it, and it don't work... no visual display. The dealer said they never installed it. The car had 12 mile on it when i took the car in the morning,I was busy so they let me take it all day, I didn't come back until later that night to finish up the paper work, by then it was 30miles on the car when we finished up.and they had it clean, all the trims still had plastic film protection on them at that point..
I was wondering if I just need to buy the $30 switch and maybe plug it in to a preinstalled harness, something simple like that, or maybe missing a $40 Controller unit like this
08V67-TZ5-1M001 Product Image
I’m not a DIY person on this stuff. Only the dealer knows what actually happened there. Does it beep when you get close to a car? As I said. When I had dealer installed rear sensors,there was no visual display. Only beeping . Does it work at all? If not,you have 3 choices. Either live with it or have the dealer finish the install. You will have to pay. Maybe you can come to an agreement on the price. Or find someone who knows how to do this stuff. This is something that should have been handled before you signed.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts