Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First sorry if I am
Posting this in wrong section. We are thinking of leasing a new 2019 Acura with tech and entertainment package. As I said before I am new to the lease thing. Can anyone tell me if this is a good deal or not.

Market value selling 52,295
Discount 4,311
Rebate 1,000
Adjusted price 46,984
Pro pack 695 (this is nitrogen, mud flaps etc) i asked the dealer to take this off and they said no
Total purchase 47,679
In addition to 47,679 they are adding the following
Doc fee 899 (dealer fee)
Tax 811
Non tax fee 960 (this is to transfer the title, here in fl it costs $150 but dealer said since its a lease fl charges 960)

I am putting down 14k and for 36 months / 10k miles a year monthly payment is 466 and residual comes out to 29,286 (this is what i have to pay if i want to purchase the car at the end)

Money factor or rate is .002
Residual rate is .56

I am having second thought with the money factor rate, they say its not interest but it is, and over the 3 year lease term I will be paying over 5k. (5k is included in the 29,286)

I feel like this is an ok deal but not great. I walked out knowing they can do better.

·
Registered
423 Posts
You are putting $14K down? $14,000? The payment is $466? $466 x 36 months is $16,766. plus $14,000 down totals $30,776 plus residual of $29,286 equals $60,052. A horrible deal.

First, don't ever put anything more down than the first month's payment in a lease. You are covered by gap insurance if it gets totaled. Money down is not advised.

Second, I lease a 19 tech back in September. I live in Maryland (tax is 6%). I just put first payment down and I am not paying a heck of a lot more per month than your $466.

This dealer was pocketing a lot of your down payment as profit. $14K divided by 36 is $388 per month that you should not be paying monthly. And the pro pack is pure profit. Aftermarket crap.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Your numbers don’t add up. Your money factor is .002. That is a 4.8% rate. Assuming the $14,000 was not a trade in. financing 17,000 forv3 years is only $1300 in interest. You really shouldn’t be leasing if you don’t know what you are doing. You state that the interest is part of the residual. That doesn’t make any sense. Don’t put $14,000 down on a lease. Bad deal. The tax doesn’t make any sense either.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We have 1 car paid off and the 2nd car we never keep it longer then 2 years. We like to keep it but we need an suv now since we have a baby. I want to lease one in case we decide to trade in when the lease is over but intent on paying it off and keeping it when the lease is over. I am putting down 14,000 (3k is negative equity from the trade in) in order to keep the monthly payments at $466.

I contacted another dealer across town and its sound like they can give me 6,750 in Incentives, will not charge the 650 pro-rack.

Here’s a quick summary break down. Monday I will have the detailed breakdown.

MSRP: $50,295 (2019 mdx tech)

Truecar Purchase Discount: $6,750

Truecar Lease Discount: $10,500

Trueccar purchase ePrice: $43,545

Truecar lease ePrice: $39,795

The guy on the phone pretty much said the same thing the other Acura gave me a horrible deal plus he said i don’t have to put down 14k to get to 466 a month. He said he can bring down that down to 7-9k (remember 3k is negative equity from trade in)

P.S. bmw don’t hold their value for doo doo

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You are putting $14K down? $14,000? The payment is $466? $466 x 36 months is $16,766. plus $14,000 down totals $30,776 plus residual of $29,286 equals $60,052. A horrible deal.

First, don't ever put anything more down than the first month's payment in a lease. You are covered by gap insurance if it gets totaled. Money down is not advised.

Second, I lease a 19 tech back in September. I live in Maryland (tax is 6%). I just put first payment down and I am not paying a heck of a lot more per month than your $466.

This dealer was pocketing a lot of your down payment as profit. $14K divided by 36 is $388 per month that you should not be paying monthly. And the pro pack is pure profit. Aftermarket crap.
Current deal in florida
2019 MDX 9 Speed Automatic Featured Lease
$439.00 per month for 36 months. $2,799.00 total due at signing.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Current deal in florida
2019 MDX 9 Speed Automatic Featured Lease
$439.00 per month for 36 months. $2,799.00 total due at signing.
Probably not a tech with Ent.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Leasing is a way to sell you more car than you can aford plane and simple. The only one who wins in a lease deal is the dealer/manufacturer.
Put the 14K down and buy a Honda Pilot EXL. You will be way better off at the end of 3 years.
Pilot selling for 38K minus your 14K means your only paying off 24K.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Leasing is a way to sell you more car than you can aford plane and simple. The only one who wins in a lease deal is the dealer/manufacturer.
Put the 14K down and buy a Honda Pilot EXL. You will be way better off at the end of 3 years.
Pilot selling for 38K minus your 14K means your only paying off 24K.
Yes and no.

I can afford the mdx, but with our track record we will trade it in 3 years. It gives me the option to keep it or trade it in. Yes if i keep it i am losing 3k in interest or whatever you want to call. If I buy it and at the end of 3 years what if the car depreciates and the trade comes 5k lower.

You can’t compare the pilot to the mdx, but I do understand your point.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Yes and no.

I can afford the mdx, but with our track record we will trade it in 3 years. It gives me the option to keep it or trade it in. Yes if i keep it i am losing 3k in interest or whatever you want to call. If I buy it and at the end of 3 years what if the car depreciates and the trade comes 5k lower.

You can’t compare the pilot to the mdx, but I do understand your point.
If you’re planning on holding it for 3 yrs,it’s fine to lease. If you are going to keep it,buy it. With 14k down,you won’t be upside down. If you can’t afford the payments,you can’t afford it.

·
Registered
554 Posts
The new Pilot can be had with 80% of Acuras stuff for way less money. We would have bought a Pilot last August but DW hated the seats. Oh well, it was worth the 8K difference to have a happy wife. Around here I can find Pilot Tourings for around 40K oit the door. Compared to 48K for the Acura tech. I just dont see a reason to lease a vehicle. All your doing is renting the car for XX length of time. Residual is what the dealer/Axura feela the car will be worth at the end of the lease. Of course that is based on one in excellent condition. You as a lessee are responsible for wear and tear, tires, all service etc. Anything THEY deem outside of normal you end up paying for. If you purchase the same vehicle, at the end of three or what ever years you can keep paying for it, sell it or trade it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts