Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Goof afternoon,
I am the owner of a beautiful red 2019 shawd mdx with 3400 miles on it. My rpoblems started last week when I received three notices on acura link about a faulty power steering problem, an electricla problem with all my accessories and a low battery warning indicating to pull over and get the car towed. When I called Acura I was told by service that it was a computer glich; to drive it up. No lights appaired on my car dash. They told me it was nothing!?! the next day the car started bucking from park to drive and then on the first shift of gears. within three days it was getting worse so I called Acura again and they said bring it up. They still doubted that a women knew anything. The head transmission text came out, got into the drivers side, put it into drive and the car jerked or bucked forward, He looked at me, put it back into park and redid this three times. Before we left the service area he told me something was wrong with the car. He then put it into gear and started to drive it. As soon as the car tried to shift it jerked or bucked forward around 1500-2500 rpms. He did this two or three times and said without a doubt this is not normal and there is something wrong. He went back and told the head of service. The car has been with them now since last Tuesday afternoon. The last I was told is they do not know what is wrong with the car and have sent the information to text help. As of this morning, they still do not know whether it is an electrical issue or a transmission problem or both. My delemma is, if they don't know what is wrong, Why are they not giving me a new car and not swapping it out. They already admitted they have never seen anything like this before.
Caren

·
Registered
2 Posts
We have the same year and model. Car has only 4.5K miles and started noticing occasional knock/cheap gas noise when accelerating at around 40mph. Dealer's service department claims that they can't notice anything abnormal. I am not a mechanic, but I have other cars without that noise. My suggestion to anyone looking to buy an Acura => stay away.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts