Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just for conversation how do folks feel about the A spec model coming in 2019? I am personally pretty down on it considering it comes with the same HP and Torque specs and appears to be cosmetic changes only. I never find myself complaining about the looks of this vehicle and even the performance is nice, but most competitors Audi, Bmw etc have options with more power and performance, I can't help but think that Acura should offer this as well. I do hope at some point they make the mdx more customizable as well. Basic, Tech, Advance packages are to confining, until acura comes out with a better Navigation and Voice recognition it has been awful to have to pay up for that to get the more advanced safety features, though the safety features on newer models I believe are becoming more standard if I am not mistaken. Basically, how are we gonna be make a sport ASpec with no additional performance...

Food for thought, wondering other folks opinions.

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/2018-nissan-leaf-five-star-euro-crash-rating/

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
AFAIK, "A-Spec" is always just a cosmetic package. The ILX/TLX A-Spec didn't get any changes other than the cosmetic variety.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
AFAIK, "A-Spec" is always just a cosmetic package. The ILX/TLX A-Spec didn't get any changes other than the cosmetic variety.

SO it poses the same exact question, is that not a let down for any Aspec regardless of model. Same problem for the tlx it cannot compete with most of its competitors in performance as well.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
SO it poses the same exact question, is that not a let down for any Aspec regardless of model. Same problem for the tlx it cannot compete with most of its competitors in performance as well.
You're entitled to your opinion. I disagree.

The TLX is a mid-tier luxury vehicle with a phenomenal 290 hp V6 and SH-AWD for $38,200 MSRP. What vehicles are you comparing it to that are so much better that you consider the TLX to not even be competitive?

·
Registered
870 Posts
"Type S" is how Acura denotes a performance variant, and they have hinted at turbo-V6s lurking on the horizon, and who knows what else, so don't despair.

But compare apples to apples. Have you priced out an Audi "S" or BMW "M" lately?

·
Registered
801 Posts
The other variable to consider is whether the 19 MDX A Spec will be available with the Advance and/or RSE packages.

In the TLX A Spec for example you cannot get the Advance package, just the Tech package.

Meaning if you want the features in the Advance package that eliminates the A Spec from consideration.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The other variable to consider is whether the 19 MDX A Spec will be available with the Advance and/or RSE packages.

In the TLX A Spec for example you cannot get the Advance package, just the Tech package.

Meaning if you want the features in the Advance package that eliminates the A Spec from consideration.
I really just want the rims, I really hope their 8.5 or 9 inch wide rims

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.