Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was in town today and my nav switched to north up. I have always had it set to direction up. Direction up and 3D are grayed out. Right now have the battery disconnected to let the system reset. Will see what happens. I am really getting discouraged with this MDX. Have had no end of issues, especially with the radio/nav system.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The service manager is talking to the tech and make sure Im not missing something. This head unit has had lots of issues. Its been replaced once already, I suspect I will be getting another one soon. For a supposed upper class car this has been nothing but problems. I really wish I had listened to the wife and bought a Highlander. Maybe its time.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Long shot, try zooming out. Apparently on the TLX the Nav was limited to north up when zoomed all the way in:

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
In nearly two years that has not been the case. At least on mine. I usually run with it set zoomed in and until yesterday it has always been set to direction up.

·
Registered
490 Posts
I had an issue with the Nav on my '17 that, in the end, resulted in the dealer moving me to a new vehicle. Since almost the first month, the car would lose track of where it was and what direction it was heading. And then magically it'd find itself again. Early-on there was a TSB about it for updated SW, but it didn't fix the problem. They then replaced the nav unit, the HDD unit, and the GPS antenna. Nothing would fix the problem. I documented it with various videos and photos. Dealer confirmed it was happening, but Acura had no solution. I opened a case with corporate looking for a resolution or relief, but they were worthless. The dealer stepped up (since we'd bought cars from them since 1990) and moved me to a '19 with no $$ other than the paperwork costs, and ate the depreciation on my '17 lease that was only 2 years in. So far my '19 has been flawless (knock on wood). Never understood what the issue was. The dealer had 2-3 of these that could never be fixed - all others were OK....

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
The dealer stepped up (since we'd bought cars from them since 1990) and moved me to a '19 with no $$ other than the paperwork costs....
Big thumb up for your dealer!! (y)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts