Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After living with the disorganized mess that accumulated in the cavernous console of my 2014 MDX, when I brought home the 2018 Sport Hybrid this week, I decided to do something to organize the space so I could actually find things AND get at them easily. The console is 7.5" W, 11"L and 7.5"D. A couple of hours on Google hasn't yielded many results.

My first search was for some type of tray that sits in the top of the console, maybe 2"- 3" deep for smaller items. That would give a 2 layer storage space with easy access to stuff you use a lot with the lower area having larger items that aren't used much. There are some nice solutions out there. This would work, but they aren't available for MDXes after 2011. A tray like is would be my preference.

My second preference would be some type of small box (or two) that could be lifted out. I found these and two of them would fit nicely. There is also an available insert for them.

Has anyone found any other similar solutions that work?

·
Registered
555 Posts
Yea, my wife is constantly complaining. But she is the one that loads space with junk. Im the one who is constantly emptying all her hiding places and throwing it all away. Maybe you should take stock of what you actually must have, and dump the rest.
Personally a small box of tissues, and the charge cords for our phones is plenty.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Already made the "only keep stuff we need/use" trip. I'm pretty organized and only have the essentials in the space. In fact, I have a few zip lock bags in play for organizing like stuff. The real issue is being able to find and get at whatever I need when I need it with a minimum of fuss.

·
Registered
464 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the suggestions. I decided to get a couple of the meori mini foldable boxes and an insert for one of them. They fit pretty well and there is room around the sides to insert a map or two. There is also enough space left at the front of the console to allow for opening/closing the USB ports. Plus, being made of fabric, they won't rattlt around.

When I was done putting them in the console, I realized that I had some additional space at the top - just a touch more than 2". I found a plastic drawer organizer that was 7 x 10 x 2" and set it in the space and closed the lid. It fit! To give myself a little clearance around the edges, especially for the USB ports at the front, I searched for a 6"x9" drawer organizer with a rubberized bottom (to preclude any rattling) and came up with this one. Just ordered it. Easy access to pencils, pads and sunglasses.

I am not a neat freak, but after always being frustrated trying to find things is that center console abyss in my 2014 MDX, I wanted a solution that made that search and retrieve activity easier. This looks like it will work.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ditto Thanks for the lead on the mini-boxes with inserts. Picked up two and they are perfect

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts