Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any others had the radio display go dark? Was heading to town yesterday and the display went dark. Stopped at the Acura dealer, of course I shut the motor off. When I reatarted the car the display was normal. Wife claims this happened to her once too?

·
Registered
142 Posts
A couple years ago we occasionally had the HVAC controls disappear from the display on our 2015. Restarting the car would rectify it for a while. There was a TSB for it which fixed it with an update.

Check for TSBs and if none ask the dealer to update or reinstall the software. If it still occurs then maybe it’s a hardware issue.

As you already determined, might be best to take car to dealer when it occurring and not turn the car off until they witness it.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, third times a charm. Was heading into town this afternoon and the radio display went dark for the third time. Luckily we were going right by the dealer so stopped, left it running and went in. Service advisor immediately went to get a tech. He looked at it and said they were going to contact Acura Monday morning and let me know whats going on. Apparently Acura has had a lot of issues with head units, so we will see.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts